Watches and Wonders 2023

The reverse panda version in particular looks terrific. Really, really nice - far better than the renders originally showed. These watches feel really true to the spirit of the original Carrera models, which is great.

£5600 though - I’m not convinced I’d put my hand in my pocket at that price. Heuer branded pieces seem to fare somewhat better, but seemingly anything with the TH logo on the dial tanks pretty quickly. I was recently looking at a 2021 42mm Carrera elegant with grey dial for £2800…someone took an absolute bath on that. Maybe I’ll pick one of these glassboxes up in a few years for half the price (I jest).

I kind of agree on the price. The market knows what they're really worth. I am tempted to pick one up too at some point, but definitely won't be at RRP.

Anyone picking up one of the new gold Aquaracers? ::facepalm2::

Have they released the solid gold ones? They aren't on the website. The gold bezel ones are...

36mm unisex Carrera in pink looks sick, I love it!

https://www.tagheuer.com/se/en/time...36-mm-calibre-7-automatic/WBN2313.BA0001.html

WBN2313.BA0001_0314.png

Have they released the solid gold ones? They aren't on the website. The gold bezel ones are...
This is fokkin badass bruh

upload_2023-3-27_9-46-25.png

Nicer in yellow gold but I cant find the one with lime green details, maybe they ditched that idea?

WBP5152.FT6210_0913.png

Apparently if you buy the new two-tone Aquaracer you will "Overcome your limits with this uniquely styled watch, designed for those who dare to go further" :rolleyes::D

Nicer in yellow gold but I cant find the one with lime green details, maybe they ditched that idea?

WBP5152.FT6210_0913.png

Nah, that one comes later. Jesus that black crown looks terrible

Here we go, guys . . . my posting covering the five new Carrera chronographs just released by TAG Heuer --

http://www.onthedash.com/introducing-five-carreras-2023-march/

I hope that you will enjoy the watches and the posting!!

Jeff 01.JPG 02.jpg
Thanks Jeff! Very detailed write up, well done! :thumbsup:

Overall, I think the new 39mm glassbox Carreras look really good. But I'm not used to the tachy bezel's rounded look. Curved on the outside under the glass and then concave on the inside. The hour markers also look slightly concave and are indented into the concave tension ring.

I think it's not only the new crystal that improves visibility, but also by having the number scale curved right under the curved glass where there could've been some distortion. It's an interesting solution. It certainly gives it a more modern and different look compared to the heritage glassbox.

Anyone know the thickness on these? I haven't seen that spec listed anywhere yet. Also interested to know if the lug width is 19mm, like the previous glassbox Carreras.