Forums Latest Members
  1. Drab Cat

Drab Cat Oct 10, 2022

Hi I’m a newbie E4 42mm Connected owner/user and I love my watch. I have already used a number of different faces and have settled on ‘touch’ (rather than ‘gesture’) to wake the screen from the ambient mode. When the screen goes to sleep in ambient mode, the two ‘luminous’ dots marking the 12 o’clock sit equally astride the 12 o’clock indicator in the bezel (i.e. what you’d expect). However, over time (minutes) I note the dots become (very) slightly misaligned (less than 0.5mm) as if the ambient watch face has rotated, or ‘slid’ a fraction from dead centre. When I wake the screen, you can see the face move ever so slightly to the correct position again. It never misaligns by more than a fraction, but it does happen. I’ve noticed the same in the stopwatch feature. Is this normal? I reiterate it is only slight, but it is noticeable. Thank you.

Edited Oct 11, 2022
  2. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Oct 10, 2022

It’s a way to avoid the screen burn-in issue… anyway, it’s better to not wear the same watch face during many consecutive days

Anthony.R likes this.
  3. Drab Cat

Drab Cat Oct 11, 2022

Thanks Albert, having looked a bit further this seems to be called ‘pixel shift’. Makes complete sense. Thanks for the advice on changing the watch face too.

Albert-AMG likes this.