Forums Latest Members

Wanted to share my Monaco Sixty Nine collection

1. Devil

Devil Aug 5, 2016

From what I've gathered I believe I have more Sixty Nine models in my collection than anyone else in the world
    (I could very well be wrong)
    1sdhf8N.jpg
    my story:

I fell in love with this model in 2006 (officially shown to the world in 2003) I was 16 years old at the time and I loved the idea of quartz and mechanical existing in the same case. One side uses the quartz HR03 movement and the other uses a modified ETA 7001 movement. A lot of people don't like quartz, some don't like mechanical, some hate watches all together.
    Jv5E0ok.jpg
    But this particular Monaco spoke to me above the rest. Every day that I wear it, I do not regret it.
    first thing is that the Monaco is a square watch which is unusual in its own right (but in a good way). Secondly, people
    who know a bit about watches ask me why is that my watch has a single seconds sub dial and no other dials yet there are 4 buttons spread on both sides? Then I proceed to flip the unit over and show them the digital chronograph side and this has always left them in awe.

To me this is a special watch, it was my dream watch and in 2014 it became reality for me. My write up is nothing special here - just a watch nut who wanted to share his special moment with other watch nuts!
    2dP87wi.jpg
    thanks for viewing the pics.
    I cant log into watchuseek for the moment but I will be posting the same story there too.

if there are any questions you may have about this piece feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them!

Edited by a mod Aug 6, 2016
    dtf likes this.
  2. Big Adam

Big Adam Aug 5, 2016

Curious why you would wish to own three?

3. Devil

Devil Aug 5, 2016

I think it's a true case of love. Also a rare model and im a bit crazy haha.

My employee owns 3 submariner Rolex of the same kind and he said the same thing.

Edited Aug 5, 2016
  4. imagwai

imagwai Aug 6, 2016

I'm the same with clothes. When I find a jumper I like and fits well, for example, I go back and buy a couple more.

Devil likes this.
  5. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Aug 6, 2016

Great post! Are there any differences at all between the three watches? The Sixty-Nine was on sale for a few years, so I wonder if TAG Heuer made any small changes along the way?

Devil likes this.
  6. Big Adam

Big Adam Aug 6, 2016

But possibly in different colours?
    You can get Rolex Subs in many variations of the base model too (not counting the hideous jeweled versions).
    So I'm still curious!

7. Devil

Devil Aug 6, 2016

thanks, no there are no differences from Tag on the 3 I have here. I actually checked for that too, seems like they made an X amount of the Calibre 2 movements and had easy access to the HR03 digital movement which was used on the Microtimer too, assembled the remaining movements in cases and ended the production of the Sixty Nine within a few years.

8. dtf

dtf Aug 6, 2016

I do like the calibre 69, would love to see one in the metal.

9. elbeik

elbeik Aug 10, 2016

Or, a dozen oxford blue shirts.

10. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 10, 2016

Although, I always pictured your color to be closer to the dark side. :cool:

elbeik likes this.