Vintage Heuer Photo Gallery- Share your photos

I'm a Porsche guy but couldn't pass up on this! Actually, I accidentally was the successful bidder on a recent auction for it--placed a nominal bid jokingly and it ended being the high bid!

As most of you know, it's a Ferrari branded Heuer Chronosplit (ref 102.703) from the late 1970’s. My understanding is only 200 were made and they were available to Ferrari customers, partners, etc. I read the watch was also provided to the F1 team--photos online of Lauda, Regazzoni, Villeneuve, with it on their wrists!

It's far from perfect--needs a little work, we'll see if I can get a few of the issues resolved. But definitely a pretty cool addition to my collection.

I'm a Porsche guy but couldn't pass up on this! Actually, I accidentally was the successful bidder on a recent auction for it--placed a nominal bid jokingly and it ended being the high bid!

As most of you know, it's a Ferrari branded Heuer Chronosplit (ref 102.703) from the late 1970’s. My understanding is only 200 were made and they were available to Ferrari customers, partners, etc. I read the watch was also provided to the F1 team--photos online of Lauda, Regazzoni, Villeneuve, with it on their wrists!

It's far from perfect--needs a little work, we'll see if I can get a few of the issues resolved. But definitely a pretty cool addition to my collection.

Wow, big congrats! That's one of my dream watches! 👏👏👏

But shouldn't it have the "Heuer" logo on the case, just beneath the LCD display?

Thanks!

I've actually seen them online with the Heuer logo and without. Hate to say, I think it looks cleaner without the logo...

http://www.onthedash.com/chronograph/chronosplit-second-version-stainless-steel-on-bracelet/
The normal non-Ferrari Chronosplit has the Heuer logo on the LCD face, not on the case. But since the Prancing Horse is there on the Ferrari version, it seems like they just inked Heuer onto the case for those.

My guess is the logo may have worn off over the years on quite a few of them, maybe? The Heuer logo on this one is in pretty good shape, but you can see where some of the lines have worn off the logo.

Or perhaps they just got lazy and didn't put the logo on some? Regardless, that's a super cool pick up! Enjoy!