Forums Latest Members

UK Tag repair recommendation please

1. bugsbunnytone

bugsbunnytone Feb 15, 2016

Dear all,

Just joined, have been a great enthusiast for many years. I have always been sending my watches to Tag but the service seems to have dropped off recently.

Can anyone please recommend a post-to UK or a London place where I can get some work done on my Kirium F1 ?

I'd like the battery to be done properly, a new silicone strap (a proper one).

also the mechanical movement is increasingly out of step with the digital display meaning I have to adjust it more often (say once-twice weekly) if I have it serviced will this mean it will be better or do i need to ask for something more ? or (gulp) is it something that over time it will just never work like new when I only used to adjust once per 6 months!

Thanks in advance,

Bugs.

2. Big Adam

Big Adam Feb 15, 2016

Nic at Chronomatic. Google Chronomatic and then drop Nic an email.

3. dtf

dtf Feb 15, 2016

I've had no issues with tag official service other than their speed. Had the battery changed in my Quartz aquaracer at the start of 2015 and a movement repair on my aquaracer chrono in the autumn, no issues at all except it took them 3 weeks to change the battery and 4 to fix the movement.

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 18, 2016

Nic's great, but he's more a mechanical man- The Kirium F1 is a quartz movement. Here she is:

[​IMG]

I would send the watch back to TAG Heuer, or at least via an AD, to get the service and strap. If it was service only, I'd use a local watchmaker.

Good luck!

5. bugsbunnytone

bugsbunnytone Mar 1, 2016

thank you very much for your recommendation(s) guys. much appreciated.