Forums Latest Members
  1. gophishin

gophishin Jan 8, 2015

Greetings! I think I remember this 3647S being posted on eBay last fall, and I see it has come up again, which makes me suspicious. Other than the scratch on the dial between 7 and 8, and the black mark between 10 and 11, are there any other red flags that pop out? I'm not looking for a pristine example, but originality is important to me. I'm still very new and learning what to look for in these vintage pieces, but quickly learning tons on here, Omega Forums, and the like. Thank you in advance for any opinions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Heu...soires_Uhren_Armbanduhren&hash=item339b67eafaPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 8, 2015

Can't comment on the seller- and certainly worth looking into why they have "sold" it twice in a short period of time. Having said that, I hate that smug "buy the seller, not the watch" line- unless you are planning on strapping the seller to your wrist. I look at the watch first and then do a little due diligence on the seller, but I have bought some great watches from first-time sellers and some disappointing ones from supposed "good guys".

Anyway, back to this watch, it looks to be a clean, honest example. The seller has pointed out a couple of small flaws and given a what looks like a fair assessment (given the blurry photos it's hard to be sure) on the case being a little worn.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

3. gophishin

gophishin Jan 9, 2015

Thanks, and I know what you mean. To be fair, I also don't know if the previous sale or auction had a buyer back out or whatnot, so with 100% positive feedback, I guess I need to have some trust in the seller. I am a little bit concerned about the marks on the dial, not sure what those would be from, specifically the scratch between 7 and 8. The correctness or condition of the movement would be my biggest question.