Forums Latest Members
  1. Owlly

Owlly May 10, 2018

I am in two minds on whether to buy this or not. It’s the fact that it is going to be obsolete tech in months and tank in value compared to a comparable analog Tag Heuer watch. It’s a lot of money!! But I love that fact I can change watch faces daily and the quality.

My sister has lots of Rolex's, she always changing them and actually seems to make money on them!!

2. kwilcox

kwilcox May 10, 2018

I think that Tag might be on to something that's bigger than a smartwatch with the whole connected modular concept. The CM45 already has two mechanical modules for example. I have two different straps for mine now and am looking forward to a different mechanical module for the CM41 (wouldn't an Aquaracer calibre 5 module be cool for example!). When you break down the price, lugs/straps can easily be half the cost.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  3. AMGO

AMGO May 10, 2018

I agree. This watch will have a long life time. I have a 45 and love it. Three different straps :)

Albert-AMG likes this.
  4. Owlly

Owlly May 10, 2018

Thanks guys, I agree the concept is fab but I am worried from a software point of view how long Tag will keep supporting / updating firmware . Also hardware enhancements particularly screen resolution, Apple seem to be miles ahead.

5. AMGO

AMGO May 10, 2018

This watch is pricey. You can get Samsung watch for much less. I have apple watch series 3 and the Tag Heuer connected. Different watches. Apple has definitely more features. But the tag Heuer is a real sturdy watch, much better material and better design. I gave apple watch away and prefer the Tag Heuer. It's much nicer and feels better. I love it

kavasc and Albert-AMG like this.
  6. kwilcox

kwilcox May 10, 2018

same.

7. TjPhysicist

TjPhysicist May 25, 2018

Do you guys know if they have similar "upgrade path" type plans for 45 and 41 as they did for the 46?

8. dtf

dtf May 26, 2018

Unlikely, because the modular concept allows you to upgrade the module yourself.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  9. TjPhysicist

TjPhysicist May 26, 2018

OOOH, so when it's time to upgrade, just buy a mechanical module? Oh, it'd be cool if tagheuer updated the watch (e.g refreshed the 41 and 45mm models in the future) and let us buy ONLY the module for cheaper!

Which brings me to my next question: I've seen ppl here say that the module itself is about $400 and the rest of the cost is actually the retail price of the strap, lugs etc. I've tried to look around a bit, but - has anyone compared the mechanical modules to equivalent watches by themselves in terms of price? I don't know much about watches and tagheuer has a lot of watches so I'm confused, but for eg: a basic rubber with titanium case 45mm costs $1550 then the Calibre 5 module is about $1650, bringing the total to $3200. I'm curious to know how that cost compares to an equivalent mechanical watch, with similar materials (so silicone/rubber strap). I've tried to look around but I have no idea what an "equivalent watch" for the calibre 5 module would be.

Although, IIRc there is a calibre 16 with rubber strap that costs $4200 by itself, which is comparable to the cost of CM45 + Calibre16 module.

Akineton likes this.
  10. kwilcox

kwilcox May 26, 2018

I'm also excited about the possibility of a connected module refresh. Especially since Qualcomm has announced plans for a next generation Wear OS chip. Also, Tag Heuer would be smart if they added even more kinds of mechanical modules. I'm not big on the carrera calibre 5 CM41 module but would jump at an aquaracer. There's limitless possibilities with the modular design.

Edited May 26, 2018
    Albert-AMG likes this.
  11. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 26, 2018

@dtf is right.

I would suggest that you spend some time with the Connected Configurator: https://www.tagheuer.com/en-us/watches/tag-heuer-connected
    and the accessories page: https://www.tagheuer.com/en-us/watches/tag-heuer-connected/accessories-and-straps

12. TjPhysicist

TjPhysicist Sep 23, 2018

the gap in knowledge i'm having is for MECHANICAL watches that would either be similar enough to or be mechanical versions of what a "mechanical module" would offer, but with similar strap material for comparison. As i said: rubber strap+smartwatch+calibre 5 module is about $3200. So, my question is pretty simple: what would be the EQUIVALENT Calibre Mechanical watch with rubber strap?

13. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 23, 2018

Screenshot_20180923-215141.png
    Akineton likes this.
  14. TjPhysicist

TjPhysicist Sep 24, 2018

See I did that, but there are some calibre 5's that are $2500 and some that sare $4000 and I can't tell the difference there.

Oh well: Considering the size of the watch module, if we look for 41mm there's $2700 (for leather). Considering $3500 for 45mm leather with watch module OR $3100 for 41mm (with rubber), that's $400 - $800 you are spending EXTRA, on top of what you would need to give for a 41mm watch alone. Actually, that doesn't seem so bad, quite reasonable in fact, especially considering the larger size of the mechanical modules here for the $800.

BTW, a watch that has ALMOST IDENTICAL design to their connected is this https://www.tagheuer.com/en/watches...01-automatic-chronograph-43-mm-car208z-ft6046 .

It would be cool if they released a Heuer 01 mechanical module for $4500-$5000 (or $4650, given how Tag prices things) that would make perfect sense (so about $6000- $6500 for the whole package, making the smartwatch+Heuer 01 about $400-$900 extra).

Edited Sep 24, 2018
  15. Keiz

Keiz Dec 1, 2018

I
    l'll keep it simple. Don't buy one.

16. EmJay

EmJay Dec 3, 2018

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with yours, but my TH41 is working perfectly well.

Akineton, M47R1X, ddaenen1 and 3 others like this.
  17. foncho72

foncho72 Mar 11, 2019

I am on the same boat, I've been considering buying a connected 41mm. However, when trying to research how long the battery last (life of battery) I got this answer from Tag Heuer

"TAG Heuer will offer about 2.5 years worth of software updates to Connected from there initial release date. Now the Connected watches are unable to be opened, so TAG Heuer offers no internal servicing for this timepieces. So were unable to change batteries, crystals, power buttons or cases. So if warranty is active then your Connected watch will be reviewed for warranty replacement."

This means that if by any chance the watch goes bad outside the 2.5years of warranty, then you are out of luck. Not really interested in spending $2300 for something with no guarantees. Do you know if TagH gives you a discount on the automatic watch if you buy the connected? what is your opinion about Tag's answer?

18. foncho72

foncho72 Mar 12, 2019

So I had a follow up from TH stating that the life lf the battery is 500 charging cycles which is almost the warranty period. I have not done the research about charging cycles but that does not seem like a good deal to me. I would like to hear your opinion