Forums Latest Members
  1. esertime

esertime Feb 16, 2019

Hey guys,
    today before i go to work i take my watch from the charger with 100% battery. About 5-6 hours later my battery was on 4-5 % and i dont know what the problem is. In this 5-6 hours i use/ tap 1-2 times on the watch. Iam using the Ushuaia watch face from Tag Heuer... Its almost black and dim-mode is on. Here is a picture from my battery grain... Thanks for help. Regards

Screenshot_20190216_115114_com.google.android.wearable.app.jpg
  2. kwilcox

kwilcox Feb 17, 2019

WiFi off or set on Automatic? Off makes a big difference on mine. Developer settings "turn on WiFi when charging" on or Off? On means it may change WiFi back to Automatic during the charge cycle. You'll need to check this every time you take your watch off the charger

3. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 17, 2019

@kwilcox , but WLAN is just 1% of his battery consumption (in accordance to the picture he attached), so I don’t think this is the problem here. BTW, I have WiFi always on Automatic, and my battery consumption is fine (mine is a CM45, but I guess there’s no difference here with the CM41)

@esertime , have you done the battery calibration? (let the battery drain completely until the watch switches off itself, then charge it up to 100% and don’t remove it from the charger until it reaches 100%), and repeat this 100%-0%-100% one more time. You can find more detailed info if you search “battery calibration” in this forum.

4. kwilcox

kwilcox Feb 17, 2019

That may be, but all I can say is that changing my WiFi settings cured the occasional "battery drained in 6 hours" symptom on my TH41.

5. kylemcdonald7

kylemcdonald7 May 10, 2019

Hi all,

New here. Just got myself a THCM41. Question regarding the above... how do you get the data for the battery useage in the app?? I’m on iOS by the way... hopefully not for long.

6. Evenneke

Evenneke Nov 10, 2019

Is

7. Evenneke

Evenneke Nov 10, 2019

Is the issue resolved? I have exactly the same issue. Switched of GPS, Wifi and screen off. Still battery is done after 3 to 4 hours. ....any suggestions ....anyone?

8. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 10, 2019

Do you have this issue wearing the factory installed faces, or with WatchMaker faces? Some WatchMaker face could drain the battery very quickly if it’s very complicated or with too high res images

Are you running the last system and Wear OS versions? Your watch should have these versions:
    58210536-2EA2-453B-9A31-2A8F2C98961E.jpeg

Have you done the battery calibration? (let the battery drain completely until the watch switches off itself, then charge it up to 100% and don’t remove it from the charger until it reaches 100%), and repeat this 100%-0%-100% one more time.

You can find more detailed info if you search “battery calibration” in this forum.

Renat1992 likes this.
  9. Evenneke

Evenneke Nov 11, 2019

This occurs when wearing TH standard faces . Did calibration couple of times. Switch of NFC, GPS,wifi.....still max is 4 hours. Annoying.

10. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 11, 2019

Then it seems your battery is dead :unsure:, because this is not normal, unless you are continuosly playing with the screen and the watch functions. I’m rarely touching the screen during the day (I’m just using the notifications), and after recent software updates the battery life has improved a lot in my watch, and it usually lasts around 20 hours (attached picture) wearing WatchMaker faces (WiFi on, GPS on, and screen always on), so it should be even better with the TH factory installed faces and your settings
    875B60CF-CAF1-417F-8B45-A07B676E9D31.png

If your watch is still under warranty, I would take it to your AD

Edited Nov 11, 2019
    Akineton likes this.
  11. Evenneke

Evenneke Nov 12, 2019

12. Evenneke

Evenneke Nov 12, 2019

Thank you for the advise. This is what I did. I contacted TH customer service and they recommended to return the watch. It is only 2 weeks old. So I thin you are right. A typical dead on arrival.

Albert-AMG likes this.