Forums Latest Members

TAG Professional ss band help Chicago area

1. brush

brush Feb 14, 2015

Hi out there, I've been wearing my Tag Heuer since bought new in late 80's and finally have an issue with a busted pin/stud whatever on the deployment clasp-one local jeweler had it for 2 weeks b4 saying couldn't fix it then went to an "authorized" jeweler called Jared, they sent it to a place in Ohio and just told me couldn't be fixed. Am I nuts or is it really that difficult? Don't want to buy a new band for 300/400 bucks or a cheapo rubber-jewelers not real interested, can't even find lug size-any suggestions for repair? thx bob
    by the way, it doesn't say model 1000, just Professional 200 meters. think it's what is called full/oversize 42?mm
    If no ideas on repair any suggestions on where to purchase a "better" aftermarket band/strap?
    thx again
    bob

Edited Feb 14, 2015
  2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 14, 2015

Hi Bob. Tough one. TAG Heuer normally only stock parts for ~20 years after a watch has been built, so I'm not surprised that an authorised dealer can't help. Can you take a photo of that part you need? If it's the one I'm thinking of, it sounds like a fairly generic part? Unfortunately, other than saying to keep an eye on eBay, I don't know where else to recommend (although I would get a second opinion from an independent watchmaker rather than a large authorised dealer)

dc

3. brush

brush Feb 15, 2015

Thank you D.C. Good idea, few places in Chicago area I found on web looked like they might be able to create something-Jeeees, was surprised a little stud could be this complicated! Silly Golden Retriever Angus got his claw caught and snapped the stud-big dummy owes me a new band! Just curious in the meantime could a generic leather band be fitted? Think it might be 20MM lug from what I saw on various sites.
    thx again
    bob