TAG producing parts for other brands(?)

Today I had a nice chat with one of my favourite watch stores, which also sells TAG Heuer, among many other brands. The sales representative I talked with was very intrigued by my Autavia Heritage, since the store had not received any, and everything that they had ordered was apparently on the waitlist for clients.

After some chatting about the Autavia he says that the reason to why TAG can be so affordable is the fact that they are producing parts for other brands, such as cases and dials (which apparently, according to my sales rep. TAG are extremely skilled at). I didn't know that this was the case, and it kind of seems "too good to be true" or something like that.

So does anyone know anything more about this? What brands are TAG (supposedly) making parts for?

Highly doubtful - TAG produces so many watches it's hard to believe they have capacity for such an endeavor.

TAG is affordable because of that fact - they're highly automated and give much less attention to finishing etc than many of the higher-end marques, so between economies of scale and their target market they keep prices on the low end.

Very interesting, did not know that!

Who they supply is top secret, but you'd think that other LVMH brands are on the list.

With all of the restrictions on supply these days (a la ETA) I'd imagine LVMH brands are the main recipients