TAG Heuer x The Fall Guy

Oh goodie gumdrops.... Ryan Gosling is wearing that bloody reverse panda glassbox in his new film thus instantly bestowing it with a nickname - the Colt Seavers. Only thing is The Fall Guy was set in the 80s and there weren't any Carreras in the 80s... well, barely. By rights this guy should be wearing an old F1. And as a stuntman a quartz watch would be much more suitable than a delicate automatic.

Lee Majors was great in that series. Loved it as a kid. I reckon this movie could be excellent tbh

Oh goodie gumdrops.... Ryan Gosling is wearing that bloody reverse panda glassbox in his new film thus instantly bestowing it with a nickname - the Colt Seavers. Only thing is The Fall Guy was set in the 80s and there weren't any Carreras in the 80s... well, barely. By rights this guy should be wearing an old F1. And as a stuntman a quartz watch would be much more suitable than a delicate automatic.
The Lemania based Heuer Carreras are of that period. But Jack doesn't consider them to be a real Heuers, since these came after he lost his company to the Piaget/Lemania takeover in '82. (But at least they didn't change the brand name. 🙄)

The Lemania based Heuer Carreras are of that period. But Jack doesn't consider them to be a real Heuers, since these came after he lost his company to the Piaget/Lemania takeover in '82. (But at least they didn't change the brand name. 🙄)

Another classic Carrera case that... is there not a plastic 2000 that looks a lot like that too?

Another classic Carrera case that... is there not a plastic 2000 that looks a lot like that too?
A plastic 2000? No such thing, as far as I know. But there are other Heuers of that era that had a similar look.

Not that it matters, the new movie takes place now, not in the early 80s of the TV series.

Thank you for clarifying bromigo 👍 I had never heard of Fall guys or this movie before
This is exactly how I feel when someone mentions Bicycleshire Village.

This is exactly how I feel when someone mentions Bicycleshire Village.
Bisssssterrr village is just a legend. It stems from English mythology

A plastic 2000? No such thing, as far as I know. But there are other Heuers of that era that had a similar look.

Not that it matters, the new movie takes place now, not in the early 80s of the TV series.

Don't know why I thought it was plastic.... but it's definitely a 2000, as it says so on the dial (partly obscured by the second hand)

Okay. Wouldn't a G Shock be more appropriate for a stuntman though? I mean the H02 date is already shady, can you imagine what it's gonna be like after he's barrel-rolled a couple of cars? 😒

No watch at all is appropriate for a stunt man. Less chance of getting it caught on something mid stunt.

A Carrera makes zero sense whatsoever.