Forums Latest Members
  1. BRT997

BRT997 Sep 21, 2020

Hello everyone. I would appreciate your help.

I am trying to help a friend with his Tag Heuer Sebring stopwatch. He has owned since the 60’s and asked if I could replace the mounting plate (which has a hole drilled in the center - why he doesn’t remember but thinks it was done to mount in an existing hole on his old Porsche rally car, instead of drilling 4 holes).

Question:
    Can anyone advise me on how to remove the movement from the case or point me to a schematic of the movement? I highlighted two screws with arrows that I assumed were two of the retaining screws, but for the life of me I can’t figure out what else I need to remove to lift the movement out of the case.

I would be most grateful for any advise. My friend is in his early 80’s and is of modest means so he came to me since I was successful in resurrecting his old Tag Heuer Formula 1 watch. I have tackled minor repairs and have the appropriate tools.

Thank you for any help.
    Bruce

397F2BD4-63FA-4C18-80C3-BD79D2752A6F.jpeg F061B693-BBF5-4FB7-8B56-819561DF8716.jpeg
  2. marksgtv

marksgtv Sep 21, 2020

I'm not sure I understand why the movement would have to be removed. Can you post more photos?

3. BRT997

BRT997 Sep 21, 2020

Mark,
    The sweeping split/second hand (on the 46 marker in the first picture) is loose so that if you move the watch from side to side, up or down, the hand floats freely. I believe it simply has loosen from the post and needs to be reseated. In order to access it I need to remove the movement.

(The open back is all I have to show since I have held off removing any of the plates or wheels.)

Thanks,
    Bruce