Forums Latest Members

TAG Heuer S/el Link Bracelet Tool - Got one!

1. 99LinkEd

99LinkEd Aug 1, 2023

While I have several (and have had even more) SELs, I’ve always wrestled with bracelet sizing. Some links require minimal exertion to take apart and others seem impossible without breaking. It turns out that TH offered an SEL-specific bracelet tool. I just grabbed one via eBay.

I’ll post back my results with it when it arrives. For now, attached is a pic and TH’s info on it.

Any others with experience using this tool?

Update/Note: It appears that at least two versions of the tool exist, another picture added.

IMG_3141.jpeg

IMG_3142.jpeg

IMG_3234.jpeg

Edited Aug 4, 2023
  2. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Aug 1, 2023

Cool! :cool:
    Hope it works well.

99LinkEd likes this.
  3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 1, 2023

Good luck. I remember taking my wife's Sel to be shortened, they couldn't do it, had to send it back to the service centre!

99LinkEd likes this.
  4. 99LinkEd

99LinkEd Aug 4, 2023

The right tool for the job! It was literally a snap - one second with the Heuer tool.

I tried opening links from either end without the tool, using many other tools and wedges right up to the damage threshold, but to no avail.

The close portion works just as well. I’m really happy with the purchase.

Pic below shows a single link removal which required the end-link to be removed first, then reinstalled.

IMG_3227.jpeg

Albert-AMG, Mspeedster and HoltzPlatz like this.
  5. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 4, 2023

Nice! Fortunately my remaining two S/EL's have micro adjust on the clasp so hopefully will never need to get involved in this!

99LinkEd likes this.