Forums Latest Members

TAG Heuer Quartz Aquaracer plastic movement holder question

1. Gregg Schulemson

Gregg Schulemson Apr 25, 2023

I have a Tag Heuer Aquaracer 300M and when I opened it to replace the battery, I found a white plastic movement holder that also covered the battery. I've read the threads on the plastic holder but I had to remove mine to get at the battery. Should the stem be in? Are there any videos or instructions on how to deal with the plastic holder and not damage the watch doing a simple battery replacement? My older Tag was so easy to replace the battery and not a fan of the holder. Holder is off to the side in the pic and you can see the piece that covers the battery.

IMG_7805.jpg

2. dtf

dtf Apr 25, 2023

Stem should be unscrewed on any watch with a screw down crown, otherwise if the movement isn't attached to the case, it can move and bend the hands.

3. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Apr 25, 2023

Never heard of a watch where you need to remove the whole movement holder to replace a battery. What a bad design choice!

What reference is your watch?

4. Gregg Schulemson

WAY111C.BA0928

5. dtf

dtf Apr 25, 2023

Common on cheap quartz watches. I'm surprised to see if on a TH.

6. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Apr 25, 2023

Exactly, not even the cheaper Formula 1's have this

7. Gregg Schulemson

I'm ok with a plastic movement holder as it will outlive the movement and is probably better protection against movement as it can cushion the movement, more than a metal one. My 2 cents...

dtf likes this.
  8. Gregg Schulemson

I just don't like the movement holder also being a battery holder, more chance to damage the watch during a battery replacement. Was looking for any tricks to getting the holder in and out without damaging the watch