TAG HEUER MONACO with 02 Movement

I bought a tag heuer monaco calibre 12 a few years ago and had nothing but problems with it. I went on holiday and the movement seized up and I spent most of holiday wearing a watch that didn't work. It was under warranty so when I got home it spent 2 months at tag being fixed then I got it back. It put me off and I sold it. I really like the monaco gulf but don't want to pay over £5000 for the similar calibre 11 movement. I might buy the new monaco with heuer 02 movement but wanted to know if anyone on here has one and their opinion on the watch. Thank you

I bought a tag heuer monaco calibre 12 a few years ago and had nothing but problems with it. I went on holiday and the movement seized up and I spent most of holiday wearing a watch that didn't work. It was under warranty so when I got home it spent 2 months at tag being fixed then I got it back. It put me off and I sold it. I really like the monaco gulf but don't want to pay over £5000 for the similar calibre 11 movement. I might buy the new monaco with heuer 02 movement but wanted to know if anyone on here has one and their opinion on the watch. Thank you
Seems you got a lemon. It can happen with any movement. But that's what warranties are for.

From what I've seen on this forum, I'd say the Cal 12 & 11 movements are tried and true vs. the H02. The Heuer 02 seems more reliable than the Heuer 01, but I keep seeing photos of H02 watches with the date being off center and there have been stories of issues with the H02 as well.

In my own personal experience with 4 Monacos (3 Cal11 and 1 Cal12), I've never had a single problem with any of them. Don't own a H02 yet, so can't comment first hand. Reliability concerns aside, I feel the H02 movement is worth it.

Seems you got a lemon. It can happen with any movement. But that's what warranties are for.

From what I've seen on this forum, I'd say the Cal 12 & 11 movements are tried and true vs. the H02. The Heuer 02 seems more reliable than the Heuer 01, but I keep seeing photos of H02 watches with the date being off center and there have been stories of issues with the H02 as well.

In my own personal experience with 4 Monacos (3 Cal11 and 1 Cal12), I've never had a single problem with any of them. Don't own a H02 yet, so can't comment first hand. Reliability concerns aside, I feel the H02 movement is worth it.
Time will tell whether the H02 is reliable or not. The first rounds of Autavias with H02 seemed to have some issues but one would hope that Tag has learnt from this and removed whatever was causing issues in the beginning.

Edit: I have no evidence but to me it feels like H02 has had more issues than H01. What issues have you read about regarding H01?

What was the issue with your cal 12
The watch just stopped after about a month and would not work. The pushers wouldn't push in. The whole watch seized up. Tag fixed it but had to leave it with them for over 2 months
Edited by a mod:

I still want to see a Heuer 02 skeleton Monaco.
Word is there was a prototype during the Biver era, but it was not a great design, so it got scrapped.

Word is there was a prototype during the Biver era, but it was not a great design, so it got scrapped.

Oh wow, really? I photoshopped it once for Baselworld, with a tourbillon I think - I've never been able to find that thread.

I would like to see that! A skeleton could look fantastic, or terrible. I thought I would like the skeleton Carreras, but I really didn't!

I also want Monaco of skeleton type.

It would be cool to have a shock absorber like the Monaco 24 to fill in the gaps in the case.

Oh wow, really? I photoshopped it once for Baselworld, with a tourbillon I think - I've never been able to find that thread.
Apparently it was a non-Tourbillon movement. It was Heuer-01.

I would like to see that! A skeleton could look fantastic, or terrible. I thought I would like the skeleton Carreras, but I really didn't!
Apparently in this particular case, the design was not a winner, which is why it was not pursued further.

Time will tell whether the H02 is reliable or not. The first rounds of Autavias with H02 seemed to have some issues but one would hope that Tag has learnt from this and removed whatever was causing issues in the beginning.

Edit: I have no evidence but to me it feels like H02 has had more issues than H01. What issues have you read about regarding H01?
Nothing recent or specific, just recall reading things back in the day. Perhaps it just "feels" like the H01 (along with the Calibre 1887 on which it was based) have had a longer "teething" period compared to the H02.

I made Skeleton Monaco02T by photoshop.
What do you think?
I think this Monaco feel good.

I made Skeleton Monaco02T by photoshop.
What do you think?
I think this Monaco feel good.

Excellent, that's pretty much what mine looked like but with a black movement... I used the Monaco 24 case too. Perfection! :thumbsup:

Excellent, that's pretty much what mine looked like but with a black movement... I used the Monaco 24 case too. Perfection! :thumbsup:
I want to see your photoshopped Monaco:D

I want to see your photoshopped Monaco:D

Me too! I've looked for it several times. It's somewhere on this forum... unless Hubert deleted it!:whipped: