Forums Latest Members

TAG Heuer Kirium Digital/Analog backlight is not working.

1. Aixcel

Aixcel Jul 19, 2023

My Tag Heuer Kirium backlight is not working. Everything’s working except the backlight. Does anyone own a kirium experience on it and do you know what is the cause? Thanks.
    upload_2023-7-19_17-31-25.jpeg

Edited Jul 19, 2023
  2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jul 20, 2023

Hi, welcome to the forum. I have this watch and my light still works, but I was told by someone (think it was Abrod520 or James Biz) here that it is very unusual - they have a habit of breaking, and he said he had fitted many replacement movements. Oddly enough, I had my Aquaracer Chronotimer serviced by TAG recently (which has the same movement) it came back working perfectly, except the light didn't work so it had to go back again... very annoying.

Aixcel likes this.
  3. Aixcel

Aixcel Jul 20, 2023

Thank for your reply and info. How much approximately if I’m going to send it to Tag for repair? Or I might try to consult it to our local watchmaker. Do you think the watchmaker will able to fix this backlight problem? Thanks again.

4. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jul 20, 2023

I doubt it will be fixable, maybe your local watchmaker can source a new movement though?
    Service to the Chronotimer was about £300 IIRC

Aixcel likes this.
  5. Aixcel

Aixcel Jul 20, 2023

Thank you for you info and quick reply. I will try to consult to our local watchmaker first if he is able to find a new movement on it. Thanks again.

6. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jul 20, 2023

My pleasure. Alternatively, you can pick these up disturbingly cheap... still more than a service admittedly. But I've seen them on Watchfinder for under £600 and on eBay they will be even less..

Aixcel likes this.