TAG Heuer Formula 1 SpaceX Edition

You know the SpaceX Carrera 1887...
TAG-HEUER-CARRERA-SPACEX-CAR2015.FC6321-PACKSHOT-HD-2012.jpg

But there was also a SpaceX Formula 1 launched in 2012
CAU111B.BA0858.jpg DOS_CAU111B.BA0858.jpg

I didn't know about the Formula 1 SpaceX.
Was it only available in certain countries?

I love the looks of the Space X Carrera 1887!! I prefer the leather strap to the bracelet models. GW

Re: F1 Spacex model CAU111B
According to what TAG Heuer would say specifically regarding the total produced, was somewhere between 240-300; but difficult to be exact, as the pieces are not numbered. These were commissioned by SpaceX(E.M.) and given out to "key personnel" working on the SpaceX project(from which mine was obtained), although my contact said a few were available to purchase through the SpaceX store(employees only). A very nice and exceptionally unique piece, as the imaging on the dial sets well with the 2 logos above/below sundial. When I first saw pictures of one(on another forum), the quest began; if you do locate one to purchase, do so, as the majority of these will never reach the marketplace.

According to what TAG Heuer would say specifically regarding the total produced, was somewhere between 240-300; but difficult to be exact, as the pieces are not numbered. These were commissioned by SpaceX(E.M.) and given out to "key personnel" working on the SpaceX project(from which mine was obtained), although my contact said a few were available to purchase through the SpaceX store(employees only). A very nice and exceptionally unique piece, as the imaging on the dial sets well with the 2 logos above/below sundial. When I first saw pictures of one(on another forum), the quest began; if you do locate one to purchase, do so, as the majority of these will never reach the marketplace.

Thanks for the details Backmarker

A space themed watch named Formula 1... that makes sense I guess
A space themed watch named Formula 1... that makes sense I guess
I know this is an old post but I have one of these watches and would like to sell it. You can contact me at Liwigi30@aol.com

Jim,
This one has a Spacex logo on the black face. I'll upload some pictures of it.

This watch has never been on a wrist. I got this when I worked at Spacex. It has ALL of its original packaging and booklet.

This watch has never been on a wrist. I got this when I worked at Spacex. It has ALL of its original packaging and booklet.
Looks good. Did they give them to staff?

<Looks good. Did they give them to staff?>
Yes, There was a drawing using employee numbers, that it how I got mine.