Forums Latest Members
  1. TAG Heuer

TAG Heuer May 3, 2015

TAG Heuer enters the Surf World!
    TAG Heuer Joins World Surf League as Official Timekeeper of Big Wave Tour

Swiss Avant-Garde Watchmaker Doesn’t Crack Under Pressure!
    TAG Heuer Surf©Hallman__J1R1942 LD.jpg

Los Angeles, California/USA (DATE) -
    The World Surf League (WSL) and TAG Heuer today announced the Swiss watchmaker’s sponsorship as “Official Timekeeper” of the WSL Big Wave Tour (BWT). This multi-year partnership will see the TAG Heuer inject its #DontCrackUnderPressure campaign into the heart of big wave surfing, serving as the Official Watch of the tour, and supporting the “Biggest Wave” and “Biggest Wipeout” components of the annual WSL Big Wave Awards.
    DCUP_Surf_Aquaracer_WAY2110BA0910_mag_SP LD.jpg

Jean-Claude Biver, President of the LVMH Group Watch Division and CEO of TAG Heuer commented: “Be Unique, Different and the First has always been my personal philosophy in all my 40 years of activities, from products development to marketing and sponsoring. TAG Heuer is the first luxury brand to enter the Surf World. Our motto #DontCrackUnderPressure fits perfectly with the WSL Big Wave Tour and makes our partnership different and innovative. It will give TAG Heuer a great boost in terms of connecting with young people, with the support of our friend Kai Lenny and his highly contagious enthusiasm.
    TAG-Heuer_Big_Waves_20150501LR_002.jpg

“When the WSL acquired the Big Wave Tour and Big Wave Awards, we believed it was an opportunity to elevate some of the most inspiring sportsmen on the planet and their passions to a bigger stage,” Paul Speaker, WSL CEO, said. “This elevation has not only seen a surge in attention to this incredible sport but has also provided the League with the opportunity to partner with world-class entities. We’re thrilled to announce TAG Heuer as the Official Timekeeper of Big Wave surfing and we look forward to a long and fruitful partnership.”
    WAY211B.FC6363_2015.jpg

TAG-Heuer_Big_Waves_20150501LR_003.jpg TAG-Heuer_Big_Waves_20150501LR_004.jpg

automobilia42 likes this.
  2. dtf

dtf May 5, 2015

Didn't see that coming! I was surprised how good my Quartz aquaracer is as a surf watch :)