Forums Latest Members
  1. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Oct 12, 2017

If i could find the 3 hander phantom before that would be my first choice, too bad the AD only have what i chosen.

2. RmN

RmN Nov 6, 2017

My favourite TAG 20171013_073505.jpg

dtf, OttoWilliam and Jim Dollares like this.
  3. ASW

ASW Dec 2, 2017

A trio of divers - L to R, 2005: 2000 Series, 2015: Aquaracer Ceramic 41mm, 2014: Aquaracer GMT Ceramic 500m

IMG_0086.JPG
  4. Ritchey

Ritchey Apr 8, 2018

Hey Guys: I am having difficulty with finding the right info on this watch. Everything says "2000" etc..Father passed away and watch has never been worn. Rolex guy but I see pictures with different bands. Can anyone give me infomation on this watch and if so, can you get a nylon or leather band. I dont care for the two tone. Thanks much. The model is WG 1122-0. Thank you again.

IMG-3102.JPG IMG-3101.JPG IMG-3099.JPG IMG-3098.JPG
  5. dtf

dtf Apr 8, 2018

That’s a S/EL, or a link as they're now known. 2000 is very different, what makes you think it's a 2000?

6. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Apr 8, 2018

It is definitely an s/el and not a 2000. Yes, you can buy leather bands for them. You also need to buy the matching end links, since the strap does not connect directly to the case, and clasp. There also 3rd party options for a strap but these still involve a 'kit' to attach the strap.

Ritchey and Calibre11 like this.
  7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Apr 9, 2018

The leather straps look terrible, stick with the two tone if I were you.

Ritchey likes this.
  8. chester1010

chester1010 Apr 10, 2018

I've been eyeing the 211a and 211c for some time now but wasn't fully sure. I found a used 211a with a years warranty left and pulled the trigger. A few scratches on the case but otherwise really good condition.

EDIT: Quick question. I'm wondering if those of you with the same or similar WAY models, specicially those with rubber or textile straps that don't allow the watch to be placed face up, tend to get scratches on the "bump" on the right side (opposite the crown) of the watch? I'm guessing the previous owner put it down on that side with the crown up because there is a line of scratches on the bottom of that bump on this watch.

20180406_160010.jpg
    Edited Apr 10, 2018
  9. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Apr 10, 2018

Real nice one that is indeed

10. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Apr 10, 2018

Normally, if you dont put it back the watch into the box, i think that's a normal side people would place their watch. But the surface can make real difference. I place it somewhere that i covered with the glass wiping cloth so when i take it, it doesn't drag and make scratches. For lack of better words.

Now, i wouldnt worry too much about scratch on watch. Normally when you wear it often enough, IT WILL GET scratches, better prepare. What i always try to avoid is magnet radiation...and big dent...

11. chester1010

chester1010 Apr 10, 2018

I normally rest my watches on a soft surface when I'm at home or when I put it down somewhere. I have a soft leather surface on my desk for my watch and lacquer pens so I'm not used to scratches like this. I think the protrusion or bump makes it more prone to scratches in that area. It's as you have said, the previous owner probably dragged it a bit as he lifted it. I've tried it a a few times, it seems to be the natural way of picking it up form the sideways position. Still, I don't think I've seen scratches like this which have formed a uniformed rough line on bottom of that bump. I guess I'm trying to figure out if it's common with this watch. I don't see it as a big issue but I would try to avoid making it more noticeable if I can.

I'm really enjoying this watch. The rubber strap looks and feels better than I thought it would. When I tried it at the store a few times it felt stiff and rough but I'm loving it so much I will probably hold off on getting a SS strap for the time being.

It's running -5/day which is fine by me. I've tested the reserve twice, each time after a full wind was 37h and about 30 mins. I don't know if that is something I should be concerned about.

20180407_125442 121212.jpg
  12. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Apr 11, 2018

I think you got a very nice one there. Mine was running about +10 seconds a day. It is a nice watch.
    There are always option of repolishing if the scratch from previous owner really bother you, but i wouldnt suggest it. I am all against repolishing.

Enjoy your new Aquaracer. I think you made a really nice selection.

Attached was the picture of mine AR, unfortunely it doesn't belong to me anymore. Still miss it every now and then.

Screenshot_20180411-145030.jpg
    chester1010 likes this.
  13. dtf

dtf Apr 11, 2018

Thats a lot of damage, looks like it's been run down something, not just placed down while not being worn. Mine usually live on my wooden night stand and haven't picked up any damage like that, although I took a chunk out of my steel aquaracer on a door jam at work.

Black or stainless, that's a tricky choice!

14. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Apr 11, 2018

Indeed ! One thing for sure, with the black one you can't afford that kind of scratches !

15. dtf

dtf Apr 11, 2018

Agreed, I am super paranoid about this one. It has done 3 years without major scratches, just a bit of polishing on couple of edges:
    CE75FFAE-E785-428C-964F-2FCABC33EE9D.jpeg

OttoWilliam and Aquagraph like this.
  16. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Apr 11, 2018

I'm really starting to come round to these big black 500M Aquaracers.... could have had one new for £1600 a couple of years ago in an outlet.

dtf likes this.
  17. chester1010

chester1010 Apr 11, 2018

Thanks. I'm really liking it more that I thought I would. I'm glad I didn't go with the blue 211c, because the lighting at the boutique when I was scouting for one really didn't do justice to how nice the black and yellow ones are.
    I've been wearing it more and it seems to have settled a bit at -4/day. I'm totally happy with that. Just the power reserve being shy of 38 hours that I'm keeping an eye on for now.

I don't think I'll polish the scratches. I'm worried that polishing may affect the overall shape of the angled edges more than it would a watch with a rounded side. Besides, having scratches doesn't bother me as much as the fact that I'm not the one who caused them. I supposed I will have plenty of time to add a few of my own.

Edited Apr 11, 2018
    dtf and OttoWilliam like this.
  18. chester1010

chester1010 Apr 11, 2018

It's actually not as bad as it looks in that magnified image. The line at the bottom of that bump is barely visible in person, and only in certain angles and light, and the rest of what you see are just smears from not having wiped it properly before taking that picture.

I can understand how marks would form from from leaving it sideways at an angle which is what the rubber strap allows for, but the scratches seem a bit much for it to have formed a rough patch on the area. Mileage varies for each individual but I don't think I've quite seen something like this in even my older watches. I'm just hoping that this does not indicate a case somehow more prone to scratches and marks as I fully intend to use his as a proper tool watch.

19. TyJoSimo43

TyJoSimo43 Oct 19, 2018

Here are some goodies. Some of my favorite modded divers I've made, as well as some stock ones!

IMG_0936.jpg IMG_1047.JPG IMG_1159.JPG IMG_1193.JPG IMG_1251.JPG
    Jim Dollares, dtf and WernerBoeinck like this.