Forums Latest Members
  1. wayneswe

wayneswe Jan 17, 2017

20170117_093813.jpg

WernerBoeinck likes this.
  2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 17, 2017

Interesting question. The "T Swiss Made T" script indicates there is a small amount of tritium in the lume markers, while "Swiss Made" usually indicated Luminova/ SuperLuminova.

But to your point, all Super Pros that I can see in the catalogues are T Swiss Made T dials...so you might be right. This may well be a service dial fitted later, given that the watch brands discontinued use of radioactive tritium. There could be other explanations- for example, given that the watch didn't change much over the years, maybe they never bothered updating the photography, but the watches in stores did change?

Either way, I doubt it will impact the resale.

3. wayneswe

wayneswe Jan 18, 2017

Thanks for your reply. It is difficult to know if it is a service dial or not, I think ws2110-3 had T Swiss Made T so it is possible that the TAG watchmaker took what was on the shelf.

4. SteveP

SteveP Jan 27, 2017

Hi Wayne-there has been reference to this in the past. Some opinions (and I agree) is that 'maybe they never bothered updating the photography, but the watches in stores did change' is correct and the later versions had been switched to Luminova, so there would be no 't's on the dial. Apparently it should give a more blueish glow than the earlier versions. APPARENTLY ALSO, the luminova version is rarer. ;-) Steve

Calibre11 and wayneswe like this.
  5. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Feb 18, 2017

Just picked my 1000 series from the repairers, need to find a couple of markers for the dial (anyone?)but in the meantime here are a couple of pictures. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Any ideas of a value would be nice, I have the boxes, books, no guarantee card unfortunately although still got the receipt from 1992. New battery today and passed the pressure test too. Very happy.

erich77 and WernerBoeinck like this.
  6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 19, 2017

Can't help with the markers...I'm not sure what they're made of: assume some type of lume? Did these crumble away or come off in one piece?

7. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Feb 20, 2017

It was suggested to me on another thread that the markers were Lume applied with a painted surround, and that this may have been caused by one of the hands being misaligned and rubbing the markers away over time.

8. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Apr 12, 2017

Hi guys, there an itch i always want to scratch regarding Tag Heuer diver watch. Hopefully your beautiful mind can shed some lights for me.

Recently I've been reading at the tag heuer collection history. From my findings (please do correct me if i am wrong), Aquagraph(the watch, not the member of this forum) was introduced in 2002 and later Aquaracer in 2003.

Before that any connection of Heuer (not yet Tag Heuer) watch with sea ,seafaring, or water sports was Solunar, Regatta, Skipper, and also we should add Professional series to dive watch category as well (please add or correct me if i am missing something)

Now back to present days, I've seen Regatta and Professional in Tag Heuer form. I haven't seen solunar or skipper.

Nor do i ever seen Aquaracer or Aquagraph in Heuer form. Which should be understandable right ? Given the time it was launched.

My question is that (just to confirm) Aquaracer and Aquagraph is the product that was build after Heuer acquired by Tag, am i right about this ? (Might as well asked about Link the same question if you dont mind)

I never get to delve futher to find out why they stop the professional series as it was from heuer to tag heuer and suddenly no more (and i think lots of people like this line too).

Is Aquaracer was suppose to change the professional series before ?

Thanks

9. dtf

dtf Apr 12, 2017

As @Calibre11 put it so well:

"If you think about the 1960s and 70s as being Heuer’s motorsport era, then the 1980s and 90s were without doubt the era of the Heuer (and TAG Heuer) Diving watch. Models like the 1000 and 2000 (today’s Aquaracer) series drew their design inspiration from the dive watch template established by Rolex."

The Aquaracer is a fairly direct evolution from the 2000 series, both the 1000 and 2000 were dive watches (see the classic divers on the first page of this thread). There is a great story of the evolution of the 2000 here, with lots of good photos: https://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-2000-series/

Notably the TH 2000 at the top of the page looks very similar to the late '00s Aquaracer Quartz that I was wearing yesterday :)

The Aquagraph is a descendant of the Heuer 1000m (aka deep dive/spirotechniqe) and the Super Professional: https://www.calibre11.com/heuer-1000m-spirotechnique/
    https://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-super-professional/

Calibre11 likes this.
  10. TonyStark

TonyStark May 2, 2017

Love this thread guys

11. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Oct 4, 2017

Jim Dollares likes this.
  12. WernerBoeinck

WernerBoeinck Oct 5, 2017

This man really uses a dive watch for diving! Unbelievable!
    Today people buy specialized equipment in order NOT to use it!
    It‘s only used for show purposes.
    Several years ago I bought a 4x4 off-road car. We really left the road. When I met the dealer later, some mud on the hood of the car, he fell into a deep depression. I never understood what he had believed he had sold....

SteveP likes this.
  13. dtf

dtf Oct 5, 2017

Insane! I guess he hasn't heard that you shouldn't take watches in the water. I really must buy one of those aquaracers, the black bezel and rubber strap looks so good.

Mine has mud on the roof right now, dirtiest it's ever been :)

WernerBoeinck likes this.
  14. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Oct 5, 2017

Yap. I mean we find article or video about Aquaracer all the time. But this is one of the few that really be in action. That's why sharing this is a must ;)

Jim Dollares likes this.
  15. elbeik

elbeik Oct 5, 2017

16. dtf

dtf Oct 5, 2017

Agreed. I think that's why I particularly like the current Aquaracer. I've never been a fan of the sub.

Edited Oct 6, 2017
    OttoWilliam likes this.
  17. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Oct 5, 2017

@Aquagraph if the cyclops bothered you so much, i think the one release before that is also quite good looking. Here is the youtube link. I recommend the chronograph version though for that release.

18. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Oct 6, 2017

19. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Oct 11, 2017

It caught the attention of Tag Heuer official too

Screenshot_20171011-120701.png
    Jim Dollares likes this.
  20. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 12, 2017

Black on Black divers almost 30 years apart- photo by @urmagerhenrikwerner #tagheuer #calibre11 B328DE7E-511B-4C33-A8F5-184E6ABE9921.jpeg