Forums Latest Members
  1. helent

helent Sep 19, 2018

same here

2. TGHC45

TGHC45 Sep 24, 2018

Did anyone notice google fit watch face disappeared from wear os?

3. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 Sep 24, 2018

Interesting. It also disappeared from the face selection on the watch since the google fit update that installed last night. Are we close to the update? :D

TAG GUY likes this.
  4. TGHC45

TGHC45 Sep 24, 2018

Maybe they changed their mind lol

5. helent

helent Oct 20, 2019

Im sure that there was a thread on here somewhere, about the apps that are available and peoples reviews of them but i can't find it. I haven't been wearing my watch for a while, as Ive been wearing my iwatch but am enjoying the Connected on my wrist again. Just wondering if there's been any developments.

6. VRman

VRman Mar 26, 2020

For those using an Android phone; an app called Aida64 updated a few weeks back and included a smartwatch module. It's basically a smartwatch info app. I have been using since the release and like it compared to some others. I liked seeing that a smartphone app developer added in a SW module. It is also on the apple app store but cant say if the SW module is in that version. Below are some sample screens from my CM45. This should work on all TH connected Gens.
    Interesting fact for you maybe for the CM45: the LSM6DS3H sensor(Accel,Step,Tilt...) IC is made by STMicroelectronics, HQ'd in Switzerland and most likely made in France.

Screenshot_20200325-144601.png
    screen (1).png screen (2).png screen (4).png screen (5).png

Edited Mar 26, 2020
    BMW Works and Albert-AMG like this.
  7. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 26, 2020

Interesting info @VRman ! :thumbsup:

I’m on iOS, so I can’t install this Aida64 app on my CM45, but I found another app called “Device Info 360 for Wear” that I could install directly from Play Store in the watch, and it also gives this info about the sensors:

A2D84844-EFC0-4D4E-B03F-79FC5B4E4552.jpeg BDE4ACAE-2C68-4EB9-AF87-78F35C378612.jpeg 6A779F98-F1BA-45D0-BECD-45DF66FDA672.jpeg 701B44CF-13F2-4145-90C8-7292C7D948A0.jpeg

So from the 15 total sensors of the CM45, 11 are from STMicroelectronics (Swiss), 2 are from Tao, ltd. (?), 1 is from ams, ltd. (Austria/Swiss), and 1 from AOSP (?).

Gen2 Modular is the only Swiss Made smartwatch by TAG Heuer, so it had to follow the “Swiss Made” rules to achieve that label. With these apps we can see that most of its sensors are from a Swiss company (I don’t know where are the other companies from)... it would be interesting to see the sensors info of new “chinese” Gen3!

Edited Apr 15, 2020
    Renat1992 and BMW Works like this.
  8. Ninja1400

Ninja1400 Mar 26, 2020

Only 15 sensors? Gen 3 has 50. ::bleh::

screen.png

Here you go.

screen.png
    screen.png

By the way, remember that the screen of "chinese" Gen 3 is much better than your Gen 2.::bleh::

screen.png

And what is the RAM of your Gen 2?

screen.png

And what is the date of the Android security patch of your Gen 2?

screen.png

::bleh::::bleh::::bleh::::bleh::::bleh::::bleh::

Edited Mar 26, 2020
    Albert-AMG likes this.
  9. Albert-AMG

:D :D :D

50 sensors? 35 more sensors than Gen2 just to add the heart-rate monitor function? :confused: What a waste! :D

But how many of the 50 sensors are made from the Swiss company? ;)

About the screen of the chinese Gen3, it seems at the moment is not working so well in dimmed mode (Automatic bright) as the Swiss Made Gen2 ::bleh::... or is it maybe this Lite-On (Made in China) Gen3 sensor failing?
    A440A6A5-3916-41BD-962A-3D48F704CACF.png
    ::bleh:: ::bleh::

http://www.liteon-semi.com/_en/10_company/02_about.php

Gen2 Ambient light sensor is from ams (Austria, with three centers in Switzerland):
    https://ams.com/about-ams

;) :D

Edited Mar 26, 2020
    Ninja1400 likes this.
  10. TAG GUY

TAG GUY Mar 26, 2020

Lite on is a Chinese company, I'm hoping it's just a software issue though.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  11. Albert-AMG

Yes, this is the reason we were joking about this “failing” Gen3 Ambient Light Sensor, because TH has moved from an Austrian/Swiss Gen2 sensor (ams), to a Chinese sensor (Lite-On) for Gen3 ;)

I also hope this Gen3 issue with the Automatic bright setting will be solved with a software update :thumbsup:, but at the moment we make jokes with this “China” vs “Swiss Made” affair :D

mdh518 and TAG GUY like this.
  12. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 27, 2020

Made this thread "sticky".

mdh518 likes this.
  13. mdh518

mdh518 Apr 2, 2020

I have been an Apple Watch user since the beginning and have grown accustomed to their functionality. One of my favorite features of my Apple Watches were their fitness and movement tracking abilities. I liked getting the reminder to stand up if the watch has not detected any movement and I also liked to close my activity rings. I’m currently trying to adapt my new generation 3 connected to act similarly. Have any of you had any success finding apps to track movement (not counting steps) and a stand up reminder?

14. TAG GUY

TAG GUY Apr 2, 2020

We
    Wear OS sucks really bad for any fitness tracking. Apple watch, Samsung, Garmin, etc destroy Google in this regard, its not even close. It was rumored that Google would be adding many fitness features to fit this upcoming IO, but it has been cancelled due to cornovirus so we'll see.

15. Feanor

Feanor Apr 12, 2020

I would like to share my experience today, which made me lose somehow faith in Wear OS cellular capabilities. For the first time I went biking leaving my phone behind and relying entirely on LTE connection of my Huawei Watch 2. On my way back, I decided to use Google Maps navigation, but I simply couldn't make it work. First it couldn't download my home address (I had to enter it by searching and pinning my home position on the map), second it wouldn't switch its mode of transportation from "walking" to "biking" and the best; as soon as I decided to get on my way again, it gave me a message "the LTE connection was interrupted due to watch overheating" (which actually I didn't really feel on my wrist). Also the battery dropped 70% in 2 short hours.
    Long story short; I thought it was somehow a shame that TAG Heuer omitted once more cellular connectivity from their new model, but looks like still these smartwatch processors are too weak for cellular.

16. TAG GUY

TAG GUY Apr 12, 2020

If you are using your watch for any kind of outside activity, you need a Garmin. Something with maps built in like Fenix 6 or Marq. Light years ahead in terms of fitness tracking and mapping. With Google's resources and finances, it really shows they don't care about wear os at all.

17. Feanor

Feanor Apr 12, 2020

To be honest I wouldn't really leave my phone behind. Even today I had my second phone with me, just not my main one, where all my smartwatches are tethered. However, I agree, it starts getting a bit of a joke.

18. TAG GUY

TAG GUY Apr 12, 2020

I used to love to leave my phone behind on hikes when using the gear S3 LTE. Was still able to get texts, make calls, etc.

Anthony.R likes this.
  19. Joeheim

Joeheim Feb 19, 2021

What is your favorite Calendar app? Has anyone a calendar app that can be used as a tile with more then 2 days in advanced ?

20. Freakmaster

Freakmaster Aug 17, 2023

Hello out there,

I have read that there is now a whatsapp app on the market for wear os 3 that can also be used without an android phone. So very interesting for ios users. On my E4 with wear os 3, however, this app does not appear, only the version for which I need an Android phone. Does anyone have any tips on how to get the newer version? Does Tag Heuer have to release something here? Normally the Playstore is the same, isn't it?

https://www.androidpolice.com/whatsapp-wear-os-smartwatches-standalone-app/