TAG Heuer Connected E2 Modular - App for iOS

update for sl app tag ios
Yes! There’s a TH Connected App update for both the iPhone and the watch!

Now there are seven additional Heuer 01 faces, and the SuperLuminova option for ambient mode...

This is improving the original faces, but next step should be the option to select “face always in full detail and colour”, and not to just have the b&w skeleton ambient mode, because the SuperLuminova option is not the solution... otherwise the WatchMaker app faces are the only option to always have a proper face in the screen, and not just a skeleton when dimmed
Edited:

For me connectivity issues we are facing on iOS just confirm how bad google wear os app and connected SW/HW are in regards of BT handling.
It is also explaining battery life problems as both phone and watch are getting stuck in some searching loops disconnecting from each other.
I really hope Tag Heuer will launch new connected HW soon and will allow to buy upgrade module only. New HW sporting current BT standards shall work better and guarantee connectivity as this is real nightmare with current gen.

I’m using my TH CM45 almost every day, and I don’t have any problems with its BT connectivity. My watch and my iPhone are all day fully connected by the Wear OS app, and I don’t have battery life problems either... so BT handling is very reliable in my case.

I switch off my watch every night, and also my iPhone every two or three days (flight mode for the rest). BT systems have connectivity problems when you don’t completely switch off the phone/device after some days of use. It seems BT needs this kind of “reset” quite often... How often do you switch off your phone and watch?

This is improving the original faces, but next step should be the option to select “face always in full detail and colour”, and not to just have the b&w skeleton ambient mode, because the SuperLuminova option is not the solution... otherwise the WatchMaker app faces are the only option to always have a proper face in the screen, and not just a skeleton when dimmed
OMG YES, SO MUCH YES! One of the biggest DRAW for TagHeuer and similar watches is their classic "watch" look and aesthetic, not to mention the professionally designed watchfaces from our favorite watch brands (this applies to other brands like fossil smartwatches etc)., both of which are RUINED because of their weird decision to dumb down the watchface in ambient mode. Unlike some other earlier watches, ambient mode here does in fact support full color and detail.

We should all get together and make a petition to TH to change the watchface to show color detail in ambient mode (remove the seconds hand, show everything else for all faces). That is literally the ONLY thing i don't like about this watch.

We should all get together and make a petition to TH to change the watchface to show color detail in ambient mode (remove the seconds hand, show everything else for all faces). That is literally the ONLY thing i don't like about this watch.

Agree! I understand TH designed this b&w skeleton ambient mode to save battery, but we should also have the option to select the “full detailed face” for ambient mode, knowing that -of course- its battery consumption would be higher... but this is like in current cars: you can decide whether to drive in “ECO mode” or “Sport+ mode”, with the consumption being proportional to the enjoyment 😉

It’s not necessary to remove the seconds hand in ambient mode, just use it to show battery level in ambient mode. This is the other missing feature from the original faces: if you want to know the battery status, you have to scroll down the face... and this is consuming battery!

That is literally the ONLY thing i don't like about this watch.

The solution -up to now- is the WatchMaker app. You can set the face to be also fully detailed
in ambient mode (and the battery lasts enough for a normal day), and you can set the seconds hand to show battery level in ambient mode.

I've enjoyed my TH CM45 much more since I discovered the WatchMaker app (thanks to this forum and Hubert). Since then I have not used again the original faces because of these two reasons:
- no fully detailed face in ambient mode
- no battery information

But it would be great that TH improves ambient mode for the original faces, because they look great in bright mode! 👍

Updates app and the issue again. It’s so frustated
Did you update the app in both the iPhone and the watch?

After updating the app in both devices, and after restarting both devices, the TH Connected app was able to find again my watch... anyway, the connection with this app is not so easy as with the Wear OS app, and it takes more time to connect. I hope this will improve with next updates!

Agree! I understand TH designed this b&w skeleton ambient mode to save battery, but we should also have the option to select the “full detailed face” for ambient mode, knowing that -of course- its battery consumption would be higher... but this is like in current cars: you can decide whether to drive in “ECO mode” or “Sport+ mode”, with the consumption being proportional to the enjoyment 😉

It’s not necessary to remove the seconds hand in ambient mode, just use it to show battery level in ambient mode. This is the other missing feature from the original faces: if you want to know the battery status, you have to scroll down the face... and this is consuming battery!

The solution -up to now- is the WatchMaker app. You can set the face to be also fully detailed
in ambient mode (and the battery lasts enough for a normal day), and you can set the seconds hand to show battery level in ambient mode.

I've enjoyed my TH CM45 much more since I discovered the WatchMaker app (thanks to this forum and Hubert). Since then I have not used again the original faces because of these two reasons:
- no fully detailed face in ambient mode
- no battery information

But it would be great that TH improves ambient mode for the original faces, because they look great in bright mode! 👍

I don't want to know the battery level man, it stresses me out. Anyway that's a great idea!
I use the watchmaker app for now too, unfortunately I've not been saving some of the watchfaces I'd been downloading very well and now i lost them 🙁. (I now save it on my backup server/drive). And as amazing as some of the work I've seen done by ppl in watchmaker faces is, I somehow feel that a lot of times the faces made by TH are better drawn, more details etc (which would make sense - professional artist for money, vs someone doing it for fun).

Did you update the app in both the iPhone and the watch?

After updating the app in both devices, and after restarting both devices, the TH Connected app was able to find again my watch... anyway, the connection with this app is not so easy as with the Wear OS app, and it takes more time to connect. I hope this will improve with next updates!
Thank you Albert, Restarting both devices, the app works.

Only now i realised there is a TH app for iOS. Installed it and worked flawless from the start. I like the fact that we iOS functionality is once again coming a step closer to Android functionality but still aways to go.

The app asks me to update, but I get this error when I try to do it. My App Store region is the US by the way. Anyone seeing the same?

I received the update yesterday (also the name of the app changed to “Connected Modular”), and the app is working fine

But if I touch the screen to open the usual app information you get in the app store, then it shows this screen...

Maybe they are making changes, and the app is temporary out of the app store, because it would make no sense to update the app yesterday and then remove it today!

I received the update yesterday (also the name of the app changed to “Connected Modular”), and the app is working fine

But if I touch the screen to open the usual app information you get in the app store, then it shows this screen...

Maybe they are making changes, and the app is temporary out of the app store, because it would make no sense to update the app yesterday and then remove it today!

I agree with you. Let’s wait out a bit. Thanks for sharing, this confirms the issue is not with my account.

For what is worth, on Android, it installed a second Connected app for the new watch, but kept the old one for my previous watches (G1 & G2).

Disappointing that they went away from the modular design. while the new watch is nice with added features the quality seems to have taken a step back. I'm sure Tag had their strategy for this role out but if they wanted to keep their current tech based and all the investments those customers already made on their products why disregard them altogether? I would understand if they just didnt come out with any more smart watches but they did and show no signs of slowing down so..

anyhow - I wish they do offer the new faces and do sort this out with the app on IOS at the bare minimum. I wouldn't be buying this G3 and will wait the to see what they do next year..

For what is worth, on Android, it installed a second Connected app for the new watch, but kept the old one for my previous watches (G1 & G2).
The second one only works with the G3 watch.

This app for the Gen2 Modular has changed its name from “TAG Heuer Connected” to “Connected Modular”, to differentiate it from the Gen3 “TAG Heuer Connected 2020” app

After last update 1.4.1 it -eventually!- works better. The watch must be -of course- connected to our iPhone through Wear OS, and it must wear one of the factory installed watchfaces (it doesn’t work with WatchMaker faces), but now it’s not necessary that the watch is also Wi-Fi connected, so now it’s much easier to connect the app with the watch. Well done! 👍

The other novelty is the new Carrera Heuer 02 face: