Forums Latest Members

TAG Heuer Connected E2 45 stuck on boot logo

1. Tayfun

Tayfun Dec 8, 2023

Hi

Did anyone have a problem like this yet? I updated my watch today and after the update it got stuck in the boot loop, loading until 1/3 and restarting again. This kept on going on for 2 hours then it just got stuck on the TAG Heuer logo until the battery got discharged. I’ve connected it to the charger and it is stuck on logo the whole time. Any solution maybe?

IMG_1912.jpeg
    IMG_1913.jpeg

2. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 8, 2023

You can try the following (a hard reset) on your own caution/discretion:

1. Press and hold down the power button until watch restarts (about 15 seconds)

2. During the boot up animations (TAG's logo, Intel's logo, or the swirling balls), press and hold the crown and simultaneously swipe from top left to bottom right, then release crown (You can repeat this process until the screen blacks out and the boot process restarts)

3. The watch will boot to an image of the Android character on his back. Long press the power button for about 5 seconds and release. You should see the "Android system recovery" menu.

4. Short press the power button three times to go down the menu to highlight "wipe cache partition"

5. Long press for 3 seconds to select "wipe cache partition" and confirm your selection

6. Short press the power button twice to go down the menu to highlight "wipe data/factory reset"

7. Long press for 3 seconds to select "wipe data/factory reset" and confirm your selection

8. Select "reboot system now'. Long press for 3 seconds to select

9. Watch will restart to the Welcome screen. This will take less than 2 minutes. You will need to pair your watch with your phone again, like when the watch was new, and install again any app you had installed in your watch

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Anthony.R likes this.
  3. Tayfun

Tayfun Dec 9, 2023

Hello Albert

I found this hard reset instructions yesterday, unfortunately without any success. I can’t enter the menu, I think it must at least get past the first logo. I have no more hope, I guess the watch might be good for parts for someone who needs a new display or some other parts :unsure:.

4. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 9, 2023

I’m sorry @Tayfun :unsure:

You could try to take it (just the head) to your AD or TAG Heuer Boutique, and ask for a budget for its repair. In similar cases, TAG Heuer has offered a Calibre 16 mechanical module in exchange, at a very reduced price. That gorgeous mechanical module, in case you don't already have it, you can use it with your current lugs, straps, and buckle. Then you could look for a good used digital head alone to also maintain its function as a smartwatch. It’s always cheaper to buy just the digital head than the complete watch

5. Tayfun

Tayfun Jan 10, 2024

Hi

I did receive an offer from the AD. Here it is. I ended up selling the module to someone in Germany.

CW Trade in offer EN_expired warranty_page-0001.jpg CW Trade in offer EN_expired warranty_page-0002.jpg CW Trade in offer EN_expired warranty_page-0003.jpg CW Trade in offer EN_expired warranty_page-0004.jpg

6. neowatch

neowatch Jan 13, 2024

7. Tayfun

Tayfun Feb 12, 2024

Actually the sales person at Tag Heuer told me to wait a few weeks and he will give me a call and try to come up with a solution. Meanwhile I sold the bricked module for spares. To my surprise he did call me up and made me an offer, he sorted 3 replacement 45 modules and bunch of other accessories that I didn’t need but only if I took all of it at once.

IMG_2565.jpeg IMG_2566.jpeg
  8. neowatch

neowatch Feb 12, 2024

Hi what was his offer the everything in the pic ?

9. Tayfun

Tayfun Feb 12, 2024

Hi, it was 600€. I sold the broken module for 100€, so it wasn’t that bad in the end.

10. neowatch

neowatch Feb 12, 2024

No that’s reasonable to be honest. I regularly buy working heads at around 100 each and they are working well

11. neowatch

neowatch Feb 12, 2024

But there are more that 3 heads there, did u already one the others ?

12. Tayfun

Tayfun Feb 12, 2024

The 45 work fine and hold the charge normally. The 41 are strange, I don’t have the original 41 charger but I tried to charge them up with 45 and 46 charger with a little bit of fiddling arround to set the connectors correctly. I don’t know the specs of those chargers and if there are any amperage and voltage output differences or connector orientation. One 41 shows as being charged to 100%, as soon as I remove it from the charger it shuts off. The other 4 start charging and go through all the logos but as soon as they load up the system and show the dial face they shut down. Battery problems or possible incorrect charger?

13. Tayfun

Tayfun Feb 12, 2024

2 heads are now spare 45 and the smaller 5 are the 41.

14. neowatch

neowatch Feb 12, 2024

For some reason the 41mm show this problem of working on the charger then when removed they shut down. It even does it with the correct charger. Battery or faulty battery interface I guess but I’ve never seen the problem on the 45mm heads and I have more of these. Maybe with the smaller mah they are not so good keeping healthy when not charged.

15. Tayfun

Tayfun Feb 12, 2024

Thanks for the Information, I understand the situation now. If there is someone interested I would be willing to sell some of these. If someone has a working Connected 46 circuit board I would be interested, I am looking for 2 of them.

Akineton and eagleeyes78 like this.