Forums Latest Members

Tag Heuer CAU1115.BA0858 (F1 Authenticity)

1. huecobros

huecobros Aug 22, 2015

Hello guys, i've been a Tag Heuer fan since i was a little kid, now onto my third Tag Heuer piece i have a doubt regarding the authenticity of this watch.

One of my friends is selling me this watch for a good price (CAU1115.BA0858), it does not have a box and i read somewhere else that the more recent F1's come with a fixed bezel. Either way, do you guys know if this watch is the real deal or not?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Aug 28, 2015
  2. imagwai

imagwai Aug 22, 2015

Looks real to me. I believe the bezel should turn. Have you spotted that the chronograph second hand is not zeroed correctly? Suggest you check all functions before purchasing. Other than that, I like this model F1.

3. huecobros

huecobros Aug 22, 2015

The case is described as Black titanium carbide coated steel fixed bezel at Tagheuer.com. However the chronograph functions are very strange in this watch, not like the previous F1 models i had. Then again, the others didn't have a tachymetre dial. I was able to zero in the second hand of the chronograph after reading the manual. It really does work nothing like my 2006 F1 Chronograph. Even the date is done differently.

Foto 22-08-15 19 08 33.jpg
    Edited Aug 22, 2015
  4. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 22, 2015

Always wondered with these why they didn't swap the inner chapter ring bezel numbering with the outer tachy numbering so the tachy was static on the inside ring and the 0-60 was movable on the outside like the old F1s. I really miss my old one now :(

huecobros likes this.
  5. huecobros

huecobros Aug 23, 2015

Yes, even though this watch looks nice, i prefer the uni directional bezel of the previous F1's.

Back on topic, do you guys have any other opinion on the legitimacy of this watch?

Edited Aug 23, 2015
  6. Liamtof

Liamtof Aug 23, 2015

I believe its genuine, look up amazon for the cau1115.ba0858, photos match i reckon.

Bought the caz1111.ba0858 and happy with it. Cool 1/10 second dial at the 6 o'clock position

Battery life they say is 18-24 months and the seals should be checked then. But £40 for that is fine by me.

Liamtof

image.jpg
    huecobros likes this.
  7. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Aug 24, 2015

Why do you doubt the authenticity? Any specific concern? Watch looks OK from the shots you've posted

huecobros likes this.
  8. huecobros

huecobros Aug 24, 2015

Because it was offered without a box, and i have no experience with used Tags. Also, i've seen replicas of Omega's and Rolex's that look like the real thing, down to the movement of the hands so i had my doubts. I know this watch is on the lower end of the price list but you never know and it doesn't hurt to ask right?

9. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Aug 24, 2015

Yeah, agree. Wasn't sure if it was a general concern or whether you'd seen something in particular.

huecobros likes this.
  10. huecobros

huecobros Aug 24, 2015

Thank you for taking the time ro reply all of you, it gives me peace of mind, since the formula one line is my favorite since i was a little kid, this particular F1 is very different from previous F1's, say, not as sporty either.

11. huecobros

huecobros Aug 25, 2015

By the way, i forgot to ask. Is that the correct instruction booklet that comes with this watch (Formula 1)? I know it's not a grande date, but my other chronographs came with a FORMULA 1 SERIES booklet.

Thanks

12. sjbr101

sjbr101 Aug 25, 2015

hi huecobros, the correct booklet should be "Formula one chronographs and watches" I doubt you have the grande date booklet, the chrono is reset in a different way so i guess you must have the right one !!

huecobros likes this.