TAG Heuer Carrera tourbillion Porsche Panamericana CBS5012.FC6571

This must be one of the least skeletonised skeleton watches ever from TAG. Looks killer but 'open dial' is a far more accurate description in my opinion.

It looks pretty cool, I like the downward pressure TAG Heuer is putting on tourbillon prices in general but $35k is probably a bit more than I’d be willing to pay when I could get a used 996 for about that and have some fun with that instead.

A live shot from @victhetagguy on Instagram, who just got his. This picture is more like how it looked to me when I saw it in person.
The glare on this pic doesn't show the watch in its best light. When I said how it looked to me, I meant compared to the renders.

However, this live pic from @Rafiki3107 gives a better representation.

UK price is £31,300. It just seems like a bit of a joke...

UK price is £31,300. It just seems like a bit of a joke...
Just wait until you hear the price of the upcoming Senna Tourbillon.

Honestly, I shouldn't let it bother me. It doesn't make a difference if its £20,000 or £30,000 I can't afford one so it doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me... but at least with the Monaco Rattrapante it was expensive but maybe they could make an argument for it. Here it just seems like 'We want to be perceived as upmarket, and it worked for AP back in the 70s!'

No, really... is that at least titanium or something?
I don't know the material(s) yet. According to this article, the Senna will be priced around 37K CHF.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tag-heuer-releasing-carrera-watch-140000686.html
Which made me initially think it might be gold, about a 5K premium above the gold Extreme Sport Carrera Tourbillon. But now given this Porsche's price, it might be titanium. Since the price difference will be more like this Porsche's delta of about 11K over its non-Porsche counterparts.

Wow. Or maybe it's DLC coated steel. $2000 for DLC sounds about right, right? 🤣

Maybe DLC coated gold? That might be the ultimate in stealth wealth.... 🤨

Maybe DLC coated gold? That might be the ultimate in stealth wealth.... 🤨
Would also need to have a Tourbillon that you can’t see via the dial nor the caseback. 😂

Would also need to have a Tourbillon that you can’t see via the dial nor the caseback. 😂
So, a Patek then...

The third Senna Carrera is still being finalized, but TAG Heuer has shared some tantalizing details about the timepiece. The watch has been designed to be something the driver would have actually wanted to wear and features several elements that reference his life and racing career. These include a carbon bezel inscribed with a tachymeter scale that goes to 400 km/h, a reworked skeletonized dial that incorporates a checkered flag motif, and a 44 mm caseback that reveals an image of Senna with helmet.

Oh. So this is the 'Senna' watch that Julien Tornare was talking about. And we all thought they were gonna make a new S/EL. Hahaha.
On the upisde, it's not a glassbox since it has a carbon bezel and a 44mm case. So it's a Carrera Sports Extreme of some kind... for $37,000.

Wow. Just wow.

Wait, 37,000CHF which is $43,375! Whaaaaat? There better be solid gold and diamonds in there somewhere cos that is ridiculous.

The third Senna Carrera is still being finalized, but TAG Heuer has shared some tantalizing details about the timepiece. The watch has been designed to be something the driver would have actually wanted to wear and features several elements that reference his life and racing career. These include a carbon bezel inscribed with a tachymeter scale that goes to 400 km/h, a reworked skeletonized dial that incorporates a checkered flag motif, and a 44 mm caseback that reveals an image of Senna with helmet.

Oh. So this is the 'Senna' watch that Julien Tornare was talking about. And we all thought they were gonna make a new S/EL. Hahaha.
On the upisde, it's not a glassbox since it has a carbon bezel and a 44mm case. So it's a Carrera Sports Extreme of some kind... for $37,000.

Wow. Just wow.
Yes, it seems Julien may have been referring to the Senna Tourbillon. Or if there's another Senna watch coming, the Boutiques don't seem to know about it, only the Tourbillon.
Wait, 37,000CHF which is $43,375! Whaaaaat? There better be solid gold and diamonds in there somewhere cos that is ridiculous.
TAG often doesn't do a straight conversion when pricing for the US, so I suspect it might not be as high as $43.3K. For example, this Porsche Tourbillon is 35K CHF, which converted would be about $40K USD. But the US retail is actually $35,850.

That Senna article had a number of errors. They got one of the years of his championships wrong and kept referring to the actor as Lopez, when his name is Leone. So I take it with a grain of salt.

Getting back to who the market is for this Porsche watch, I think first and foremost one has to be a huge fan of TAG Heuer. Being a well-heeled Porsche enthusiast and/or fan of the Carrera Panamericana race would be secondary.

Take Jerry Seinfeld for example, someone who has one of the largest collection of Porsches in the world. He's also a known fan of vintage Heuer and modern Breitling watches. But I don't believe Jerry is into modern TAGs. So I doubt he'd be interested in this Porsche Carrera Panamericana watch, despite being an uber rich Porsche car collector. Which BTW included owning McQueen's #20 Porsche 917 from the Le Mans movie.

Yes, it seems Julien may have been referring to the Senna Tourbillon. Or if there's another Senna watch coming, the Boutiques don't seem to know about it, only the Tourbillon.
Or if there's a new line of Link watches coming, the Boutiques don't automatically equate that with Senna. I've not enquired about a new Link, just Senna.

In the Revolution interview, it was Wei Koh dropping hints about seeing Senna & his S/EL trying to prompt Julien to say something. Somehow, I don't think a Senna x Carrera Skeleton Tourbillon is something Wei Koh would've been alluding to, because he was also discussing the possible return of the original F1 with Julien at the same time. Go figure? 🤷‍♂️

TAG often doesn't do a straight conversion when pricing for the US, so I suspect it might not be as high as $43.3K. For example, this Porsche Tourbillon is 35K CHF, which converted would be about $40K USD. But the US retail is actually $35,850.

That Senna article had a number of errors. They got one of the years of his championships wrong and kept referring to the actor as Lopez, when his name is Leone. So I take it with a grain of salt.
That’s alright then. If you’d said $35k from the start I would be all in. 🤪