TAG Heuer Carrera tourbillion Porsche Panamericana CBS5012.FC6571

Oh, I thought it was black! Instagram image is misleading. Minus 1 point already.

The TAG Heuer Carrera Chronograph Tourbillon x Porsche Panamericana watch will retail for CHF 35,000, which is almost half the price of an entry-level Porsche.
😆😆😆

The TAG Heuer Carrera Chronograph Tourbillon x Porsche Panamericana watch will retail for CHF 35,000, which is almost half the price of an entry-level Porsche.
😆😆😆
And only going to go up even higher in the new year. Crazy.

I haven’t seen it in person but have this secondhand photo.

It’s mildly interesting sure, but why is this steel watch priced $10k higher than the other newly released titanium and even gold tourbillons? Seems like a FOMO cash grab more than anything.

It’s mildly interesting sure, but why is this steel watch priced $10k higher than the other newly released titanium and even gold tourbillons? Seems like a FOMO cash grab more than anything.
Yeah, the more I think about it the more ludicrous it gets. I suppose the target market is extremely rich Porsche owners...

Still a million times better looking than the Monaco Riviera!

A wise man (Ariel Adams in fact) once said, if the price doesn't make sense to you then the watch is not aimed at you.

A wise man (Ariel Adams in fact) once said, if the price doesn't make sense to you then the watch is not aimed at you.
In that case, there are a LOT of watches not aimed at me. 🤣

I was shown a watch in a local dealer, I liked it and asked the price, £108k! Just pleased the assistant thought I might be in that price range, kinda like when the Ferrari salesperson offered to arrange a drive in a car I was admiring, £465k, stupid price, it wasn’t even a spyder.

I've tried it on, it looks better in person. But I wasn't allowed to take pictures, as it was embargoed at the time.

The crazy price did make me take another look at the Extreme Sports again. Relative speaking, the Gold & Titanium is a bargain at $12,300. I mean not even compared to this $35k Porsche model, $12k for 18k rose gold seems well priced (albeit the modular core is titanium).

Having said that, I think if I were to get a skeleton, it would be the Porsche 963. OTOH, Skeletons just aren't my style.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more ludicrous it gets. I suppose the target market is extremely rich Porsche owners...
I'm nowhere near extremely rich, but one of my Boutiques knows I'm a Porsche owner. When I was first contacted about it by phone, I was told the price isn't bad for a Tourbillon. I asked how much? Upon hearing the price, I asked how much again, thinking I heard wrong. ::facepalm1::

That Porsche tariff keeps going up. The premium for the first Porsche x TAG Carrera wasn't too bad. But then they started to add $1000-$2500 for the Porsche name over the normal variants. Now this Porsche Tourbillon takes the cake, adding $11K over a standard one. Sheesh!

I will say that compared to the Porsche 963 watch, this watch evokes more of the Carrera Panamericana winning Porsche 550 Spyder's design elements (IMHO). I get more feels from the car in this watch, whereas the 963 didn't, to me.

The car's silver, black & yellow livery for example (although the watch could use a touch of red too). I also like how the dial mimics the car's wheels.

The nicest touch for me is the "Spyder" in Porsche font on the side of the watch.

I meant people who own the $4m dollar Porsches actually.... but then I guess they wouldn't really be that fussed about a £30k watch. I don't know... we know 'luxury goods' become more desirable the more outrageously priced they are. I guess it figures that if someone is willing to pay £25,000 for a watch then another £6,000 probably isn't going to change their mind.

I meant people who own the $4m dollar Porsches actually.... but then I guess they wouldn't really be that fussed about a £30k watch. I don't know... we know 'luxury goods' become more desirable the more outrageously priced they are. I guess it figures that if someone is willing to pay £25,000 for a watch then another £6,000 probably isn't going to change their mind.
I know what you meant, but just saying they're targeting 'poor' Porsche owners like me too. 🤪

There are several on this forum who'll buy 4 or 5 watches a year. So, they could also arguably afford to buy this one, as could I if I really wanted. But those who love Porsche are more likely to go the extra mile to get one.

A live shot from @victhetagguy on Instagram, who just got his. This picture is more like how it looked to me when I saw it in person.

Oh really? That's disappointing.... and yeah, they are targeting Porsche enthusiasts with deepish pockets, but it still seems completely unjustifiable whichever way you strum it.

I mean, come on..