TAG Heuer Bamford x Ikuzawa

Apparently Tetsu Ikuzawa has a collection of around 75 Porsches. Pretty sure he's got Jerry Seinfeld beat!
https://periodcorrect.com/blogs/journal/tetsu-ikuzawa
Period-Correct-Tetsu-Ikuzawa-Thumb.jpg

Here's an interesting article on Mai and Team Ikuzawa from Porsche.
https://christophorus.porsche.com/en/2021/400/mai-tetsu-ikuzawa.html
b-Mai_Ikuzawa_9.jpeg

I actually learned who Tetsu Ikuzawa was about 14-15 years ago, during one of my business trips to Japan. I picked up a local magazine on Porsche and his white Porsche 997 was featured, it had many custom ordered features. I took a particular interest as I had recently bought the same model, except in metallic black.

Nice to see Bamford remove the running seconds again

Proper JDM Motorsport x Porsche x TAG Heuer watch 👍
Proper heritage & pedigree 😉
Doc @Snowy 😎

Proper JDM Motorsport x Porsche x TAG Heuer watch 👍
Proper heritage & pedigree 😉
Doc @Snowy 😎

I also reserved that watch. There's a problem with my number and I think I'll be delayed in receiving it. I look at this minicar and wait for my one to arrive.

Ikuzawa is also involved in the Nissan Skyline legend.

His rival at that time was Shikiba, who drove a Porsche 904. He started a company called Racing Mate and sold car supplies. At that time, Shikiba custom-ordered Heuer Monza with Racing Mate logo.

I am looking forward to putting the two watches side by side as I will have both.
Edited:

I think this would qualify as one of the top 3 releases of the year - 60th anniversary Carrera, Night Driver and Ikuzawa (not necessarily in that order).

Very cool that it comes with a model of the 906.

Again these watches are so much better without the running seconds.

Thanks for the info sir @Snowy & congratulations on your gorgeous Japan/Rising Sun TAG Heuer Carrera 👍 Truly for the Japanese motorsport TAG Heuer fan! 😀