Tag Heuer 2000 Automatic - Pre Purchase advice

Looking to get some feedback on this one please Tag Experts

I am in the market for some new time pieces, a Diver and a vintage dress watch. I was originally looking for a Tag or Heuer 1000 Quartz driven Diver. I have relatively small wrists and due to the size of these watches it seems like it could be a good match, I already own a Explorer 1 in 36mm and a Tank Francaise so you get the idea of the small watch theme here, Nothing over 39mm or its just going to look ridiculous.

Anyway i still love the look of the 1000, Honestly i think its a stunner but good ones seem to be trading for $500 and some even more if they are a Heuer from the early 80's, I just cant bring myself to trade with over $500 for a quartz driven watch.. Am i wrong to have that mindset?

So i came across a very clean Tag Heuer WE2210 Automatic, Uses ETA 2824-2?? Solid old workhorse movement, Serviced in the last 18 months, Very clean dial and bracelet, No box or papers unfortunately. Its got a nice clean look to it (Black Dial) What do you guys think? Definitely falls in the small diver category, Not as cool looking as the 1000 but still classic in in lines. Seller wants $400. Do you think this is a good deal? I figured with the recent service its priced quite right, Wish it still had the original box though.

Thoughts??

Thanks for looking

I just cant bring myself to trade with over $500 for a quartz driven watch.. Am i wrong to have that mindset?
Yes

"Seller wants $400. Do you think this is a good deal?"

I think it's a fair price for both the seller and buyer.

I have the "full sized" quartz version of that model! Personally, I love the look of the classic 2000 series (although I admit that I'm biased). For me, its the perfect fit between sporty and dressy. The 2000 resembles the 1000, but has a dressier look to it. Don't get me wrong, the 2000 is a rugged watch (I abused mine for 20 years). The most impressive thing to me is the excellent condition of that watch. The bracelet looks to have a bit of stretch, but that's minor. If it were me, I'd go for it! $400 seems like more than a fair price to me. Good luck!

I ended up buying it. Looking forward to getting to know it. Thanks for the feedback

Received the Tag this Weekend, Overall very happy with the condition, Great solid feel to it, It is a little smaller than i was expecting and i may have overlooked the fact this is is the "Midsize" Model vs large, The case measures around 34mm excluding the crown and 37mm or so with the crown. Lugs width is around 18mm so a couple less than what i am used too but i still think it looks good on the wrist. It is amazing slim for a Automatic diver. Even the lume still works !!!! Unable to capute in photos but the dial is almost a dark chocolate brown color to the natural eye. I will need an extra link as its a little tight, 7 inch strap and i have 7.25 wrists.
IMG_1119.JPG IMG_1120.JPG IMG_1121.JPG

Looking good! :thumbsup:

Let us know how accurate it is, would be interesting to know

Yes will do. I will do a 24/48 hour check and see how long the reserve last after that point.

Doesn't seem to be losing or gaining any time at all. If it is it's a couple of seconds at best. That's not on the wrist but sitting on my desk.
Power reserve looks like it died around 36 Hours

Additional Links have been ordered, looking forward to giving this one some wrist time

Doesn't seem to be losing or gaining any time at all. If it is it's a couple of seconds at best. That's not on the wrist but sitting on my desk.
Power reserve looks like it died around 36 Hours

Additional Links have been ordered, looking forward to giving this one some wrist time
Amazing accuracy then

Amazing accuracy then

Better than the other two, The Cartier loses about 2 minutes a day and needs a service, Explorer wasn't as accurate either, Admitting though the Tag was in for a service 6 months ago, Looks like a complete tear down was done, I am sure they re calibrated at the time at the service center.

Congrats! Looking really good!

I just found this range of TH, and they fit my wrist perfectly

That's a lovely looking watch.

I believe they use an ETA 2892 movement rather than the 2824.

There are various differences between the two, the main one for the end user being that the 2892 is significantly slimmer.

This results in a particularly elegant case thickness for a proper dive watch.

Enjoy your TAG Heuer.

That's a lovely looking watch.

I believe they use an ETA 2892 movement rather than the 2824.

There are various differences between the two, the main one for the end user being that the 2892 is significantly slimmer.

This results in a particularly elegant case thickness for a proper dive watch.

Enjoy your TAG Heuer.

Thanks for the compliment, I am so pleased i made this purchase, the more i wear it the more i like it. I had to buy a couple of extra links that wasn't very easy to get so they ended up coming from Spain, once they were installed it really hasn't left the wrist. Super accurate and goes with just about everything from a Button down shirt or casual polo. Its very versatile and if like me you don't care for massive cased watches this is perfect.

Regarding the movement. according to the Tag Heuer paperwork for the service that took place in 12/2018 it shows ETA 2824-2 under the service category. It could be wrong but other online sources suggest its movement is a 2824-2 also. Either way i'm very happy with the performance.

Well, I would be inclined to believe the paperwork rather than some random bloke on an Internet forum!

Again, a smart looking watch that’ll fulfill all duties, and at the price you paid it won’t lose any money either.

Nice that it’s been recently serviced. That should see you through the next five years.