Forums Latest Members
  1. Keiz

Keiz Dec 1, 2018

I have had this watch for 12 months now, and even though I was assured by the sales staff at TAG in Chadstone that it was a seamless connection between Google and IOS, it certainly isn't the case.
    Connection between between Wear OS and the watch is slow and cumbersome, if it works at all.
    Updates happen regularly by make very little difference. Functionality even goes backwards.
    For the last 2 days the watch has completely frozen.
    No touch screen, no messages. Can't even reset the watch (which I have done at least 5 times in 12 months) because it does react to touch.
    It has happened before but eventually it has un-frozen. Not this time.
    Why you would pay over $2000AUS I have no idea.
    I have 3 other digital TAGs including the Carrera and love these, but the Connected is my worse purchase yet.

2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 1, 2018

An unresponsive touchscreen could be a sign that your watch is suffering from some sort of hardware problem. Have you tried sending it out to be inspected or replaced?

Albert-AMG likes this.
  3. Keiz

Keiz Dec 2, 2018

Not yet. I'm going to TAG tomorrow. Lets see what happens. Just too many problems with it.

4. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 2, 2018

Keiz, the problem is not the TAG Connected in general (which one do you have? the first generation 46, or the current Modular 45?)... the problem is just your Connected unit, which has some technical problems and should be repaired or replaced. It’s still covered by the TAG Heuer warranty (2 years for the Connected), so don’t worry about.

I have my TH Connected Modular 45 since 7 months ago, wearing it almost every day, and I’m really happy with it: I never had a similar frozen experience, I never had to reset it, it perfectly works connected to my iPhone X, with very good and reliable bluetooth connection, receiving all the notifications, etc. And the watch is even better after last Wear OS update to 2.1

So it’s clear the problem is your TAG Connected. Maybe your unit was wrong from the beginning and never worked properly. I hope you can solve this with the TH warranty, and then enjoy your TH Connected as I do :thumbsup:

Edited Dec 2, 2018
    Hubert likes this.
  5. Keiz

Keiz Dec 2, 2018

Thanks for this. I believe its the 45 because it was the latest when I bought it in Feb this year.
    The screen grab is from Wear OS and it looks like I have ver 2.17

image1.png
    Albert-AMG likes this.
  6. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 2, 2018

Yes, we have same Wear OS version. This is a picture of mine

A7519E01-FAE2-45D1-8DB3-34E6C673EE7F.jpeg
    There’s a new update coming soon for Wear OS (Wear OS 2.2, called “H”), but it hasn’t reached my watch yet.

If you have the CM 45, then it’s easier to just change the connected module, so you can keep your original lugs and strap. I hope this is the solution you get from TH warranty, to start again with a new connected module free of problems :thumbsup:

7. Keiz

Keiz Dec 2, 2018

Thanks mate. Appreciate your interest and feedback. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.:)

Albert-AMG likes this.
  8. Keiz

Keiz Dec 2, 2018

Took the TAG to the store at Chadstone. They were very understanding and sent it off for a warranty repair. Its now up to the warranty repair shop to determine whether I get a replacement or not. :)

Albert-AMG likes this.
  9. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 3, 2018

Great! I hope you are really enjoying your new (or properly working) TH CM45 very soon! :)

10. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 3, 2018

Good! Hopefully this will get resolved soon. Keep us posted.

11. Keiz

Keiz Jan 4, 2019

A bit late posting this. The watch went to Sydney and they called and said that they were simply going to blast away the s/w and reload from start. I got it back a week later(mid december) and so far no freezing, so I guess the rebuild worked. Im still having intermittent problems connecting with the iPhone, but i'm persisting with it.:)

Albert-AMG likes this.
  12. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 4, 2019

Good; hopefully this will resolve the problems you were experiencing.

13. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 5, 2019

Glad you already have your watch back! :thumbsup:

About the connecting problems with the iPhone, try to restart the iPhone when it happens again:

To properly work, the Bluetooth system needs the device to be completely switched off (not just flight mode) quite often... I switch off my TH CM45 every night when I go to sleep, and my iPhone every two or three days (I restart it earlier if there are any BT issues), and this way the BT connection with the watch is fully reliable all day.

Keiz likes this.
  14. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 Jan 9, 2019

I suffered from BT connection issues for a while but there was a recent update that contained the lumi glow feature and since then BT has been very stable.

Keiz and Albert-AMG like this.
  15. serhan

serhan Jul 25, 2023

when it comes to design , it is elegant, it is far better than any other smart watch. however, functionality and technical aspects of the watch is a total trash. Huge dissapointment from TAG. if you dont know how to make smart watch and if it is not your expertise, do not do it!!!

Jim Dollares likes this.
  16. Feanor

Feanor Jul 26, 2023

I have a totally different experience with my Connected. Actually I have both a TAG Heuer Connected and a Google Pixel Watch, which is generally considered to be one of the best smartwatches for Android, and I'd say that the Connected compares favourably to the Pixel Watch. The Pixel Watch wins in health and fitness monitoring, as it packs more related sensors, but the Connected has about 30% better battery life, courtesy of its larger size and, surprisingly, is often faster and more responsive. The only issue that I faced recently is that a Bluetooth bug -most probably on the phone side- made switching between the watches problematic, as they'd lose connection upon switching from the one to the other, but even this seems to have been resolved after the phone July update.
    It could be that the main issues come with pairing the TAG Heuer Connected to an iPhone, but for this I'd rather blame Apple, which has no interest to permit a seamless compatibility with other platforms and emphasizes the seamlessness of the Apple ecosystem, but at the expense of choice and diversity.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  17. Chrisred71

Chrisred71 Jul 26, 2023

I'm sorry to interrupt, but no.

Pixel watch is arguably one of the worst smartwatch for Android. Poor battery life, limited usage, they didn't fail totally but didn't win any awards either.

Best smartwatch would be Tic Watch pro 5 or Fitbit sense 2.

18. Chrisred71

Chrisred71 Jul 26, 2023

My personal take on the Tag connected is that this watch is a big mistake for Tag. They should consider this watch as a plus in their portfolio.

See, consumer electronics, connected watches, phones, TVs, laptops, all that stuff is born to die hardware. It last maybe 3 years, 5 tops, then it becomes laggy, unresponsive, the battery is dying ensuring mediocre battery life....so you just change your hardware.

But with the Tag ?? Hardware is 6 times the price of connected watches ? So you'll tend to stuck with it
    Except it won't age any better.

19. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Jul 26, 2023

TicWatch Pro 5 is actually a good Smartwatch.
    It doesn't compare to Connected on Visual though.
    There is no better looking Smartwatch than the Connected.

Albert-AMG and Feanor like this.
  20. Feanor

Feanor Jul 26, 2023

The Ticwatch Pro 5 has a much better battery life, but still no Assistant and the fitness apps of Ticwatch are not on the level of Fitbit on Pixel Watch. Let alone that it is one of the worse looking smartwatches, so I'd say the Pixel Watch is still better, but in any case, they are very close to each other. The Fitbit Sense 2 is not a real smartwatch.
    Point is that as long as you use an Android phone all Wear OS 3 smartwatches are rather close to each other and which one you choose is a matter of preference and in this aspect there is nothing wrong with the TAG Heuer Connected. When you tether them to an iPhone, then you need to be ready for compromises.

Anthony.R likes this.