TAG Carrera The Rake "Blue Dreamer" sells for $7700

Looks like they're not popping as much as the Skipper did, at least so far. This was an open auction on eBay, so it's a pretty good determinant of market value

(Orig. retail was $5,900)

Good luck to the flippers who bought these with dollar signs in their eyes, asking $10k+ 馃槈

I was much more impressed by the Hodinkee edition than this reference.

But those flippers sure know how to make some nice money. Making the hobby harder, sure, but they know what they are good at...

I really like this watch, and would love to own one, but wouldn't pay the retail price for it, never mind what people are asking now.

I'd be interested to see one of these in person - I think the dial does not photograph well, but some of the IG guys have gotten more interesting snaps of it. I do like that they've cut out the date feature, but yeah - these are pretty cheap-feeling movements so for under $3k I think it's more attractive, but for $7k (for the Blue Dreamer) to 5-figures for a Skipper, the only truly quality part is the dial

I'd be interested to see one of these in person - I think the dial does not photograph well, but some of the IG guys have gotten more interesting snaps of it. I do like that they've cut out the date feature, but yeah - these are pretty cheap-feeling movements so for under $3k I think it's more attractive, but for $7k (for the Blue Dreamer) to 5-figures for a Skipper, the only truly quality part is the dial
Yes I saw some posts saying that the dial looks much better than on the photos which would make sense since all those blue variations should be tricky to photograph and make justice together.

Something doesn't quite work for me on this one- a combination of it being "heavily inspired" by the Skipper and the lack of clarity on the sub-dial. Agree on the lack of date being a plus.