Forums Latest Members
  1. Adrian Dearnley

Adrian Dearnley Aug 27, 2023

Morning all,
    New to the forum and looking for a bit of assistance please, recently bought a 45mm carbon Carrera Tourbillon with a factory rubber strap, would like a number of straps for it but can’t seem to work out what strap type it needs. Most have a flat lug bar area but this has 3 protrusions, is there a specific name for this strap? Also are they east to change? Many thanks in advance AD

Albert-AMG likes this.
  2. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Aug 27, 2023

Hi AD,

I recommend reaching out to an AD to confirm which straps fit to your particular model. These modular design Carreras are very tricky when it comes to which straps fit which reference. What appears in photos as if it should fit, might not do. I had a Heuer01 Carrera and bought a strap that "should fit" but ended up having a big gap between the strap and the case.

Adrian Dearnley and Albert-AMG like this.
  3. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Aug 27, 2023

This is what it looked like on the rubber I bought it with

2020-06-19 16.04.50.jpeg

...and this is the gap I ended up with when I bought the brown alligator strap sold with another same size 43mm Heuer01 Carrera

2020-04-08 12.51.47.jpeg

Adrian Dearnley and Albert-AMG like this.
  4. Adrian Dearnley

Adrian Dearnley Aug 30, 2023

That’s more of a cavern than a gap, it’s huge! So, just so I’m clear, that was a strap specifically for that model and the difference between the two straps was as in the photos? Doesn’t fill me with much TAG confidence tbh!

5. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Aug 30, 2023

No no, the leather strap was from the same model but in a different colour. My point is that sometimes straps that "should" fit will not, hence asking an authorised dealer to tell you exactly which straps are guaranteed to fit will be the way to go.

6. Jim Dollares

Not sure why but TAG seems to sometimes want certain straps to only fit with certain dial colours...

7. Adrian Dearnley

Got you, best make friends with my nearest TH AD then as I like to have plenty of strap options (been a Panaristi for many years), thanks for your input, appreciate it

8. Jim Dollares

So when will you post a ton of photos of this beauty of yours bruh? :cool:

9. Adrian Dearnley

I’ll post some up tomorrow boss, tbh I bought it with a view to flip it as it was an insanely good price but I actually really like it so will probably end up keeping it…..really like the forged carbon mixed with the pvd titanium and then a bit of chrome

10. Adrian Dearnley

Adrian Dearnley Aug 31, 2023

Here you go buddy…..

IMG_6935.png IMG_6929.jpeg IMG_6930.jpeg IMG_6936.png IMG_6937.png
  11. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Aug 31, 2023

These are so bad ass, I love it

Albert-AMG likes this.