Strange swirl marks / foggy Tag Carrera glass face

It's a single, precise swirl that perfectly covers the entire crystal. Is there a coating that Tag applies by hand to the sapphire? Close up it looks like residue. Perhaps a chemical coating is breaking down and bodyheat causes it to oxidise. I'd take it to a boutique. I'd be worried about trying random household chemicals on it.

Makes complete sense. It is a precise marking indeed which is why I have always thought it is nothing to do with how I have handled the watch and rather, more to do with the watch itself and how it has been manufactured or polished. We shall see....I plan on sending it to Tag by post or maybe taking it to a dealer soon. Thanks

The glass has a coating; it sometimes fail. I once had a large spot on my Calibre 16 day-date Carrera, had the glass replaced.

Hi everyone, so I took my watch to a Tag AD for a checkup. After looking at the crystal under an eyeglass, it is without a doubt condensation. The tiny droplets were clearly visible. So it has gone off for a full service now and return date is after 3 months....15th Dec!!!

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has helped try and diagnose the fault. Fingers crossed now that there has been no internal damage.

Cheers.

The glass has a coating; it sometimes fail. I once had a large spot on my Calibre 16 day-date Carrera, had the glass replaced.
My friend's Carrera also had the same problem. The TAG Heuer service center asked him to replace the glass as the coating already being damaged. I asked my friend what caused it, he said probably he wiped it too much too often with alcohol (sanitizer).

My friend's Carrera also had the same problem. The TAG Heuer service center asked him to replace the glass as the coating already being damaged. I asked my friend what caused it, he said probably he wiped it too much too often with alcohol (sanitizer).

Thanks for sharing. I have never used any alcohol based cleaners on the watch so that would be a separate issue. The problem has now been diagnosed as condensation. Hoping that I don't get told that I need to change any parts due to damage...