Forums Latest Members
  1. abderrahim

abderrahim Jan 31, 2016

Hello ,
    recently i noticed some dust in my watch : grand carrera GMT, i was wondering where did it comes, is there any chance that my watch is broken?
    and could you please tell me how can i remove this dust .
    many thanks

IMG_9790.JPG
  2. abderrahim

abderrahim Feb 1, 2016

No one has an idea :(

3. automobilia42

automobilia42 Feb 1, 2016

Hello abderrahim,
    Oh, I absolutely do have an idea or two, but I would advice you to visit the nearest TAG Heuer dealer, or if you are not able to do so go to a watchmaker that you trust your work to. They can remove the dust spickles for you. Personally myself I hate it too, but it does make your watch unique, doesn't it :)

4. abderrahim

abderrahim Feb 1, 2016

:D absolutely , it does make my watch unique.
    thanks for you response automobilia42
    regards

automobilia42 likes this.
  5. automobilia42

automobilia42 Feb 1, 2016

I once was so bored of playing Tetris in an airplane that I tapped the glass of my watch that I was wearing (I think it was a 1500) for an hour with my fingernail until I moved a spickle into the corner of the glass. Mission accomplished :D

Edited Feb 1, 2016
  6. elbeik

elbeik Feb 2, 2016

^ Interesting to know you travel with scotch tape :)

7. automobilia42

automobilia42 Feb 2, 2016

^ Haha, always handy to have with you, but I mean tapping with your nail on the crystal, not taping. Like tap..tap..tap...on the crystal glass under a hook. Although the tapping might not be the wisest thing to do with a watch that has an outside AR coated crystal though.

8. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 7, 2016

Could be many things, but certainly worth getting fixed. The issue isn't the dust itself, but more how it got in there- could be a sign that the seals need replacing