Forums Latest Members

SOLD Heuer Camaro 73643 T 73643T "Exotic"

1. Lonestar

Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE May 2, 2022

Hi there THF:

For sale is that lovely Heuer Camaro 73643T “Exotic”.

I purchased this Camaro from a well-known swiss collector a few years ago, and now is time to free up some cash and to find it a new, loving home. You know the drill...

IMG_20190827_133016230_HDR.jpg

The 73643 is one of the two Camaro designs that has a full-blast 3-register Chronograph, as opposed to 2 registers a la caliber 11: it gives it a very balanced look, that does without the date window at 6 o’clock. The 73643 leverages the Valjoux 7736 caliber. The 73643 T version sports the iconic Panda dial, with bi-color hands, orange for the chrono. I could go on and on about the Camaro, but our very own Steve P does it much better than us here: https://www.heuercamaro.com/overview .Steve even specifically elaborates on the 73643 here : https://www.heuercamaro.com/models/73643 .

IMG_20210926_165521497_HDR.jpg IMG_20210926_165526485_HDR.jpg IMG_20210926_165531601_HDR.jpg IMG_20210926_165538992_HDR.jpg IMG_20210926_165546274_HDR.jpg IMG_20210926_165615564_HDR.jpg IMG_20210926_165627969_HDR.jpg

That very Camaro ticks smoothly and all functions work like they should. It keeps time within about 12 seconds per day. I do not know the exact service history, however I know it was taken care of right before I purchased it 3 or 4 years ago and was sold to me as “recently serviced”.

Overall this “Exotic” Camaro is it great condition for a 50 year-old watch. It does show some battle scars on the case, while it retains some of the original brushing on the top side. There is some color degradation on the subdials, and also around the lume plots. The 70’s two-color Heuer dials are unfortunately notably famous for this. The hands do show some mild corrosion, which has been mostly polished out at the time when I bought it, but the vigilant user can still spot them when looking closely.

As with most watches that have imperfections, they are way more visible on the macros that in real-life: on the wrist, the watch looks absolutely lovely, and exudes 70’s vibes: The color, the funky case, the fluted pushers all contribute to this unmistakenly boot cut atmosphere. I will miss this one when it’s gone.

IMG_20190503_090252028.jpg

The watch is sold as pictured with a bespoke Atelier Romane hand-patinated rally strap and an original Heuer B Buckle.

IMG_20190523_223249752.jpg

For this piece of 70's goodness, I am asking for the 6’000CHF net to me shipped + shipping at cost.

I can accept pretty much any currency, you can check FX here https://www.oanda.com/currency-converter/fr/?from=CHF&to=USD&amount=6000 (for instance) . The amount includes fully Secursus-insured shipping from Switzerland to Western Europe, paid to my (transfer)Wise account, net to me. This way it looks like a “local” wire to you regardless of where you are in the world and is as smooth as silk a banking experience as you can get (Even US buyers get it right first time :D). If you are in other parts of the world, let's talk about how to get it to you, I'm sure we can find a smart and cost-efficient way ;) If you are in the Lemanic area, then I’d be glad to give you a discount, hand the watch over to you with a bow, and the beer is on me. I am primarily looking for cash, no trades for now please.

Sales Terms: (inspired by Spacefruit's)

I only sell to bring some new pieces to my collection. I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe, but I am not bothered by an uplift (edit : not the case here, I'm afraid!). I have (mostly) bought and sold (some) watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my references there (https://omegaforums.net/search/13903340/?q=lonestar&o=date&c[node]=10) . I have met many watchfam members in person locally as well as in Biel and Milan a few times, and I hope I made a good impression on them. I am not a watch dealer, I make my money elsewhere, watches are my pleasure, but I’m not a philanthropist either. I am not in the least offended by offers, as long as you aren't lowballing me - If you are, I will likely ignore you at the very worst.

Returns:

I have done my best to provide as much info as I could. I will happily answer all your questions before the sale, and snap more pictures for you. I will not take returns for this watch unless you consider it is grossly misrepresented and you are willing to have a discussion about it all, openly, on omegaforums, i.e. not by PM but into the limelight, as I value my fellow OF members opinions. I am opinionated, but not stubborn.

Payment:

Payment by Bank Transfer only, I use (transfer)Wise which looks like a plain jane direct wire to you but allows to use any currency (read: yours J). Paypal are a bunch of thieves. I will never, ever use them again, they are expensive and their protection level as a seller and/or a buyer when one is facing an experienced scumbag is nil. No more paypal for me, period. Face to face delivery is always welcome in the Lemanic area .[​IMG]

Thank you THF for the space, and stay safe everyone.

Best,

Paul

Albert-AMG, Yago, SteveP and 4 others like this.
  2. imagwai

imagwai May 2, 2022

Nice honest watch, GLWTS

Lonestar likes this.
  3. Yago

Yago May 3, 2022

Very nice watch man, glws

Lonestar likes this.
  4. Lonestar

Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE May 6, 2022

The watch is now sold - thank you very much THF and OF

Best,