Forums Latest Members

So now that BaselWorld 2015 is over, what is on your wishlist?

1. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 5, 2015

So now that we've had enough time to think after BaselWorld 2015, what is on your wishlist?

For me its going to be these:
    2015 [TAG] Heuer Carrera Calibre 18 Telemeter
    Calibre18.png

2015 [TAG] Heuer Monaco Calibre 11 (it'll be nice to have a companion to my 40th Anniversary for regular use)
    [​IMG]

2015 TAG Heuer Formula 1 McLaren Limited Edition
    McLaren.png

Edited Apr 5, 2015
    WernerBoeinck likes this.
  2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Apr 5, 2015

Tough one...for me, my favourites are:

1. Monaco Calibre 11
    2. Carrera Calibre 18
    3. Carrera Calibre 17
    [​IMG]
    4. Carrera Heuer-01
    [​IMG]

I do already have a Calibre 17 Blue Monaco..can I justify another similar one? Likewise, I have the anthracite Calibre 17....so not sure on those two, even though they look great.

The Heuer-01 intrigues me..I haven't seen it yet in person, but am looking forward to checking it out

3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 5, 2015

I agree David; maybe we'll all end up liking the production version of the Heuer-01 when it comes out, moving up in our lists. And of course, let's not forget the Heuer-02; unfortunately its 3x price will make it pretty rare.

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Apr 5, 2015

Forgot about this one
    [​IMG]

Dare I say that I think I preferred this to the Calibre 18? Only issue for me is price. Yes, it's fairly priced for a gold watch, but at that price I'm 2/3rds of the way to a Tourbillon!

Hubert likes this.
  5. dtf

dtf Apr 5, 2015

My favorites are the gold calibre 7 carrera and the heuer-02 without question. I love the timeless elegance of the gold, although I definitely won't be buying it. And the tourbillion - wow.

6. elbeik

elbeik Apr 6, 2015

I'll be waiting for other variants of the 01 before taking the bite.

I have been pondering on the idea of a gold watch - a dress watch actually - until the advent of the new Calibre 7.

But these 1887 can be had at good prices today from retailers....

2801587_xxl.jpg
  7. imagwai

imagwai Apr 6, 2015

Love the Calibre 7, but probably out of my price range unfortunately. Glassbox Carrera was also nice but I don't think it'll replace my reissue Carrera. And the blue Cal 17 is pretty special also, but I sold my JH80th for being too big, so doubt this will tempt me. I may, however, have to take a peek at a Baselworld release from another manufacturer that caught my eye... (sorry!)
    [​IMG]

8. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2015

I'm sort of wondering... is the tourbillon going to be really hard to get even at MSRP, or is there going to be some for discount... or is there going to be a bit of a decent drop over the MSRP. If the later two are true that's a truly tempting prospect.

Never thought I'd be seriously considering flipping a gold vintage Omega and maybe a Speedmaster Pro to trade up to a TAG Heuer but to have that new movement in that case and dial would be something pretty special and unique.

9. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Apr 13, 2015

I do like that Rolex- quite a Bold blue used for the hour-markers, which helps life what would otherwise be a pretty conservative dial.

No further news on the Heuer-02 yet, but surely TAG will hold firm on pricing these...I've found that it's a lot tougher/ impossible to get any discount on limited editions in the past, and while this might not be a numbered LE, numbers will be tight.