Since 1887 is discontinued, what should I do if I have to repair or service my watch?

I understand that the whole seiko thing can be quite embarrassing and 1887 is gradually being replaced by Heuer 02, which is a very good-looking movement. But as a proud owner of an 1887, it keeps me thinking, what would happen if my watch or anyone's watch is broken or needs service? Since it is discontinued, would there be someday when all the parts are ran out and would these watch be beyond repair?
PS: Been looking at the new Autavia, hope to get it one day. Also thinking about finally getting my first Grand Seiko. Any thoughts, guys?
143057p22whpzoeoccqhqx.jpg
143103pj4ta1v1uv63n3mu.jpg
QQͼƬ20170713182409.jpg
QQͼƬ20170713182409.jpg
360截图20190424140754838.jpg.thumb.jpg
Edited:

I would not worry, my guess is that it will go decades before it might be "beyond saving". Tag of course wants to keep making that sweet overpriced money for servicing the watches out there ;)

I would not worry, my guess is that it will go decades before it might be "beyond saving". Tag of course wants to keep making that sweet overpriced money for servicing the watches out there ;)
thanks, my friend…I think that is true…I once had a watch serviced and it almost costed me an arm…
Edited:

Yes agree- you can still access parts today for movements made 30 years ago, and given the volume of Calibre 1887s out there, I wouldn't worry.

For what its worth, I think that time has proven the whole "Calibre 1887 is a Seiko" negativity to be completely over-done. It's a fine movement, made in Switzerland and worked very well. TAG Heuer made a mistake, and then everyone who wanted to show that they knew something about watches latched onto the connection as proof of their knowledge without every really understanding the full story or having a real objection to the movement. I say, enjoy it!

Yes agree- you can still access parts today for movements made 30 years ago, and given the volume of Calibre 1887s out there, I wouldn't worry.

For what its worth, I think that time has proven the whole "Calibre 1887 is a Seiko" negativity to be completely over-done. It's a fine movement, made in Switzerland and worked very well. TAG Heuer made a mistake, and then everyone who wanted to show that they knew something about watches latched onto the connection as proof of their knowledge without every really understanding the full story or having a real objection to the movement. I say, enjoy it!
thanks,my friend, it is kind of funny that I bought the 1887 totally because of the seiko thing…
before I take watches seriously, I actually owned several seiko 5s before and was impressed by their performance… so when i heard that cal 1887 was so called "Japanese",the first things that came into my mind were "reliable", "accurate", "easy to maintain" and etc.
So it was strange to me when one of my friends pointed out that it was related to seiko and I was like"so, is it a bad thing?"
strange when you are wearing a Monaco and people's like "wow", but when you are wearing a carrera which is just as amazing as your Monaco but with a better movement and peoples like "well, it is made by seiko"

thanks,my friend, it is kind of funny that I bought the 1887 totally because of the seiko thing…
before I take watches seriously, I actually owned several seiko 5s before and was impressed by their performance… so when i heard that cal 1887 was so called "Japanese",the first things that came into my mind were "reliable", "accurate", "easy to maintain" and etc.
So it was strange to me when one of my friends pointed out that it was related to seiko and I was like"so, is it a bad thing?"
strange when you are wearing a Monaco and people's like "wow", but when you are wearing a carrera which is just as amazing as your Monaco but with a better movement and peoples like "well, it is made by seiko"
Not made by Seiko...but certainly based on a Seiko design ;)

I like my calibre 1887s ALOT! Reminds me that (TAG) Heuer is the innovator in chronograph watches after inventing the oscillating pinion in 1887 still used today. The calibre 1887 is a great movement and it doesn’t matter whether TAG Heuer bought IPO rights etc from Seiko. (BTW Seiko a very good japanese watch and movement manufacturer) It is still 100% done / made in switzerland and improved by TAG Heuer.
Edited:

Please correct me if i’m wrong but isn’t the Calibre Heuer 01 also technically, a Calibre 1887 movement so in theory, you won’t have problems with servicing and parts? ;)

Please correct me if i’m wrong but isn’t the Calibre Heuer 01 also technically, a Calibre 1887 movement so in theory, you won’t have problems with servicing and parts? ;)
Correct- same movement apart from a couple of cosmetic changes

I think a lot of people just used it as some kind of "proof" of their preconceived hate for the Tag brand. So no love lost, but then TAG didn't win over any new friends either! :)

I think a lot of people just used it as some kind of "proof" of their preconceived hate for the Tag brand. So no love lost, but then TAG didn't win over any new friends either! :)

This ^^^^

I like my calibre 1887s ALOT! Reminds me that (TAG) Heuer is the innovator in chronograph watches after inventing the oscillating pinion in 1887 still used today. The calibre 1887 is a great movement and it doesn’t matter whether TAG Heuer bought IPO rights etc from Seiko. (BTW Seiko a very good japanese watch and movement manufacturer) It is still 100% done / made in switzerland and improved by TAG Heuer.
agreed,seiko has never let me down before…even the seiko 5s are amazing…

agreed,seiko has never let me down before…even the seiko 5s are amazing…

Yes! A mate was wearing one he bought in college until last year, think he paid £50 for it in about 2001, never serviced it and wore it every day. It was cheaper to replace it than get it repaired, so he bought another one.

That is kind of true......I saw a heuer 01 and you just reminded me that they look identical..........

Yes! A mate was wearing one he bought in college until last year, think he paid £50 for it in about 2001, never serviced it and wore it every day. It was cheaper to replace it than get it repaired, so he bought another one.
I guess 7s26 is not designed to be serviced, they are so cheap that you can just through them away once you are done with them......just like swatch's system 51, i suppose......

I guess 7s26 is not designed to be serviced, they are so cheap that you can just through them away once you are done with them......just like swatch's system 51, i suppose......

That is kind of true......I saw a heuer 01 and you just reminded me that they look identical..........
Yes, the Heuer 01 is essentially the 1887 rebadged.

And whilst you may already understand this, I still feel at pains to point out that the 1887 is fully manufactured in-house by Tag Heuer. Nothing is provided or manufactured by Seiko. The movement was simply an adaptation of a Seiko patent that TH acquired.

1887 is fully manufactured in-house by Tag Heuer
Are we sure that they produce 100% of the parts of the movement? The definition of "in-house" is wideley interpreted by watch companies and who knows what it actually means