Since 1887 is discontinued, what should I do if I have to repair or service my watch?

So before 2004 Patek's chronographs were fashion watches?
LOL......
I guess his point is that if you are able to produce in-house movements then you are one of the manufacturers and if you don't have the ability to design and produce and only buy movements from others(like Tiffany's watches, I assume? or CK, Gucci's watches), then you are one of the fashion brands

But to be honest, I think Citizen watches are kind of on the fashion side though all their movements are in-house, so it is probably very subjective to say what is what

And as for this fashion watch.... pah!
12-Zenith-Driven-Rolex-Daytona.jpg

So before 2004 Patek's chronographs were fashion watches?
HAH! But you have to remember that now marketing campaigns have taught us that non in-house is crap. Back in 2004 was a different time age :rolleyes:

HAH! But you have to remember that now marketing campaigns have taught us that non in-house is crap. Back in 2004 was a different time age :rolleyes:

Aha, so the 90s TAGs aren't garbage then, because that was a different time?;)

Doesn't this smack of people trying to make their argument fit the outcome they want, rather than addressing the reality, which is that everyone was perfectly happy using ETA movements until the Swatch group threw their toys out of the pram and forced the brands to make themselves (mostly) independent.

Doesn't this smack of people trying to make their argument fit the outcome they want, rather than addressing the reality, which is that everyone was perfectly happy using ETA movements until the Swatch group threw their toys out of the pram and forced the brands to make themselves (mostly) independent.

And then had to come up with a marketing strategy to justify the massive investment?

And then had to come up with a marketing strategy to justify the massive investment?

Yeah, but you can't have one rule for brands you 'like' and one rule for those awful fashion watch companies.
Or is a Swatch actually better than a Cartier?