Forums Latest Members

Silverstones - time for a reincarnation?

1. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz Jan 17, 2023

For me lately I've had a bit of back luck with trying out new case shapes. I recently bought a Grand Seiko diver which I immediately hated, and more recently a Longines Evidenza with a tonneau case which seemed too small. I think I've got so used to seeing a Monaco on my wrist that any other shape just seems horrible. I'm just afraid that I'll regret the Silverstone when I buy it.

2. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 17, 2023

The thing to keep in mind about the Silverstone is it's a cushion style case, with the strap attaching at the base of the case. It might look OK top down, but it's profile will likely feel taller and larger compared to the Monaco.
    IMG_4078-1-768x1024.jpg

3. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz Jan 17, 2023

I never noticed that you can't see the lugs on a Silverstone, and that the strap actually goes under the case. Wonder why Heuer came up with such a design.

4. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 17, 2023

That looks like a really thick Golf

5. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Jan 18, 2023

YG, definitely part of the charm of these 70's style watches are the huge floating cases. The Silverstone sits very high on the wrist and therefore, and unfortunately, is a magnet for dings. Especially with every facet of the case polished, which is normally something I avoid for that very reason. Just worried myself that an original vintage would be a safe queen because of that. Still, there's something about it's brick like presence that I just love! Different than a Monaco for sure, more of an in your face kinda way. And I am quite aware of the offerings from AC, wow! That's exactly what's on my radar but not sure if I'm ready to go "All in" yet.

YG_Rulz and paysdoufs like this.