Silver dials - share your favorites!

Nice choice. 😀

Think I made the best choice considering it’s his first luxury watch, 40th & F1 lover.

Oddly I played with the bezel (one thing I like to check in watches that have them) and it felt satisfyingly nice (better Taptic feel than the 300 SMP I’m after). How do you find your 3 watches compare (I personally love the Tudor feel and Taptic feedback).

Think I made the best choice considering it’s his first luxury watch, 40th & F1 lover.

Oddly I played with the bezel (one thing I like to check in watches that have them) and it felt satisfyingly nice (better Taptic feel than the 300 SMP I’m after). How do you find your 3 watches compare (I personally love the Tudor feel and Taptic feedback).

I actually like the click of the SMP but the bezel shape doesn’t give you the best of grip for an enjoyable experience. Imagine trying to turn it with dive gear on!

Aquaracer is great as far better grip.

My FXD is by far the best of the three though, as the titanium bezel has very small teeth that give a perfect grip and the click action is lovely. It does feel and sound differently which I wonder whether is specific to the Carbon model or standard on the other models too.

I actually like the click of the SMP but the bezel shape doesn’t give you the best of grip for an enjoyable experience. Imagine trying to turn it with dive gear on!

Aquaracer is great as far better grip.

My FXD is by far the best of the three though, as the titanium bezel has very small teeth that give a perfect grip and the click action is lovely. It does feel and sound differently which I wonder whether is specific to the Carbon model or standard on the other models too.

Sorry my reply is a bit dated. The bezel on my SMP is very easy to turn, and clicks very nicely. I’ve heard that the SMP bezel is hard to grip and turn, but I haven’t observed this with my SMP. Possibly a case by case experience.

Great looking silver dial SMP you have there @bpsmith!

Sorry my reply is a bit dated. The bezel on my SMP is very easy to turn, and clicks very nicely. I’ve heard that the SMP bezel is hard to grip and turn, but I haven’t observed this with my SMP. Possibly a case by case experience.

Great looking silver dial SMP you have there @bpsmith!
There’s no issue with the build or anything wrong with mine. It turns just as well as the others I have tried in store in various shops when shopping around.

My point was just that the design means it requires more effort to grip right, compared to other more tool like dive watches. My FXD for example is extremely coarse in comparison, with its fine cut teeth on the bezel, which makes turning with bare skin or with gloves on very easy indeed.

Friends F1 Calibre5 which I helped his wife purchase.

Love the anthracite dial and just enough red highlights to give it a certain something..

An orgy in silver (nobody does it better…), orange and blue
img_5093-jpeg.5903838

mine is without question the Rolex Milgauss 1019 CERN dial. It plays the part of looking like a scientific instrument--clean, precise, sharp. doesn't get any more superlative than that!

mine is without question the Rolex Milgauss 1019 CERN dial. It plays the part of looking like a scientific instrument--clean, precise, sharp. doesn't get any more superlative than that!

That is one holy milgauss Matthew! Interesting, I thought milgausses all had weird rainbow colours, miscoloured crystals preventing legibility and seconds hands shaped like a pikachu tail

Probably not since I suspect that this bezel isn’t blue… 😜
It’s a silver dial thread, not a blue bezel thread. 😀

But Father: If the bezel ain’t blue, t’ain’t a silver dial… 🫨

😁