Forums Latest Members
  1. Mike Dawn

Mike Dawn Nov 7, 2023

Hello,
    I have a Tag Formula 1 chronograph and after resetting the time for Pacific Standard Time the second hand will not move. It just stays at the 12 O' clock position. What do I have to do to get it working again. I'm talking about the big second hand not the small chronograph one, it moves just fine.
    Thank you.

2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 7, 2023

Which model?

3. Mike Dawn

Mike Dawn Nov 8, 2023

CAZ1014.BA0842 Formula 1 Quartz Chronograph. PXL_20231108_155018150 (1).jpg
    Thanks

4. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 8, 2023

Try pressing the top pusher

5. Mike Dawn

Mike Dawn Nov 8, 2023

When I do that it just starts the stop watch. If you notice in the pic the orange second hand it stopped at the 12 o'clock position. It was working just fine before I had to set the time to go to standard time. This happens every time I have to change the time. My daughter played around with it before and got it to work but doesn't remember how she did it. I've also played around with it and got it to work in the past but I also don't remember how.

6. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 8, 2023

Okay. This video might help.

7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 8, 2023

When you say the top pushers just starts the stopwatch, this confuses me because the orange hand is the stopwatch. The second hand is in the top right subdial and that should run all the time. If the pusher starts the hand in the right sub dial then I would suggest that your watch is a fake.

8. imagwai

imagwai Nov 8, 2023

I'm confused too. You said the problem is with the "big second hand not the small chronograph one". But the big hand IS the chronograph, not the second hand. Nearly all chronographs use the big hand for the stopwatch seconds. The running seconds is the small one that's moving all the time.

Aquagraph likes this.
  9. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 8, 2023

Do those running second subdial markings look a bit thick and clumsy to you Charlie?

10. Mike Dawn

Mike Dawn Nov 8, 2023

First of all, I've actually had it into Tag North America for warranty work, it was purchased at a very big trusted retailer, and it is registered at Tag, so I know it's not fake. Second, maybe I'm mistaken and it is working the way it is supposed too. I just know in the past both the orange stop watch hand and the small second hand have always both moved without the other two smaller hands (1/10 sec and 30 minute) moving so I just assumed that is the way it is supposed to operate. Thank you all for the responses, I really do appreciate it.

11. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 8, 2023

Okay, so the 30 minute hand will only move slowly once the orange hand goes around the dial once, marking each minute.
    The right hand small dial hand should always move as that is the running seconds hand.
    The bottom dial should spin quickly, rotating once per second once the chronograph is started 3:57 in the video.

12. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Nov 9, 2023

Think we need a wee vid of the face after the top button is pressed?

13. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Nov 9, 2023

But the bottom one only spins quickly to begin with right, like the first ten sec and then it stops, only to move again and land on the "result" measured tenth of sec once the chrono is stopped

14. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 9, 2023

Does it? I dunno I don't have any watch with this movement. What about your Red Bull?

15. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 9, 2023

Older quartz chronos the 1/10 hand doesn't move at all until the watch is stopped

16. JAH

JAH Nov 11, 2023

it runs for 30 sec if it is 5040 movement

17. Mike Dawn

Mike Dawn Nov 11, 2023

Let me explain it one more time. During normal time keeping mode, not stop watch mode, the large second hand has always moved along with the small second keeping dial to the right of center. When I set the time back an hour for switching to Standard Time, the small second keeping dial to the right of center still moves however, the big second hand does not move and just sits at the 12 o, clock position. All the stop watch functions work just fine.

18. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 11, 2023

Could you take a video? Only I'm pretty sure the orange second hand should just sit at 12 until you start the stopwatch.

thingziliketoo and Albert-AMG like this.