Forums Latest Members
  1. Gassbag

Gassbag Jun 19, 2018

Is there anyway of setting the length of time the screen stays on .At present I’m only getting a few seconds

2. Remo

Remo Jun 20, 2018

i am using StayLit Wear. Works fine. But be aware you might charge more often.

lohr500 and Gassbag like this.
  3. kavasc

kavasc Jun 20, 2018

This is a Wear OS question and there are a few apps that can mod the default setting. Watchmaker is another one that allows you to set how long the screen stays bright before it goes dim or off. Watchtiger is right, the longer the watch is in bright mode, the shorter your battery will last.
    I found a face (and made some mods) that has what I want in dim mode so I rarely need to go bright unless it gets a notification or I access an app. I took my watch off the charger just before 7am and, at 4:45pm I am at 60%.

Gassbag likes this.
  4. Gassbag

Gassbag Jun 21, 2018

Cheers guys take it these are apps

5. Remo

Remo Jun 22, 2018

Yes. StayLit Wear is an app in the Playstore.

6. lohr500

lohr500 Jun 23, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion Watchtiger. I downloaded the Staylit app for my 41 last night and it is spot on.

7. Van Dam

Van Dam Mar 15, 2021

Hi all, new member here! Good forum this! I didn't download any third party apps but found a way to set the watch face (on my Modular 41) not to time out. You can do this via your phone.

On your watch turn tap to wake OFF.
    On the Wear OS App on your phone go to settings and on the always-on-screen option just keep toggling the tab between ON and OFF quickly for a few seconds and it should stay awake without entering the default time out face.

Only slight issue is the second hand stops and if you touch the face it starts moving again but only very briefly. And battery consumption doesn't seem to be affected too much.