Forums Latest Members
  1. bpsmith

bpsmith Oct 19, 2023

Just for fun, do you guys wear your watches in regular rotation, almost on a rota basis, or just pick and choose on a whim or adhoc basis?

My humble collection of 3 automatics and my new PSR is already enough to have to really consider my choices each day. My collection are all similar, so perhaps simplifies it more than others with pieces for specific scenarios.

Sadly, I enjoy numbers, so just created a spreadsheet so I can literally pick any of them up and they should be ready to go. This involves the diligent use of the single winder I have, with a rotation which sees the Aquaracer on there more often than the Seamaster and FXD.

Maybe I shouldn’t have admitted that last bit…

2. McBeardy

McBeardy Oct 19, 2023

Mines 95% of the time BB58, then Monaco if my outfit is mainly blue, or I know its not a hot day (hate stinking up those leather straps) - actually once or twice a week it gets worn. Although generally come back to the Tudor. Seiko gets worn for exercise and G Shock for DIY

dtf and bpsmith like this.
  3. imagwai

imagwai Oct 19, 2023

I am lazy and usually pick up one which is running. So I tend to wear 2 or 3 on rotation regularly - the ones with the biggest power reserve. Occasionally if I have more time, e.g. weekends, I pick something a bit different.

dtf and bpsmith like this.
  4. Jemagloh

Jemagloh Oct 19, 2023

I tend to pick more on a whim basis. Outfits and weather impact the decision, too.

bpsmith likes this.
  5. abrod520

abrod520 Oct 19, 2023

Ad hoc rotation :D

If the weather sucks, modern diver. Otherwise, I try to wear everything on as equal a basis as I can

bpsmith likes this.
  6. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz Oct 19, 2023

I try to match the watch with my outfits. But I go for my Monaco/TAG box most of the time. Needs a bit of an effort for me to choose the others (mainly Japanese)

bpsmith likes this.
  7. bpsmith

bpsmith Oct 19, 2023

Interesting mix then. Some with favourites, some with the urge to rotate and equal it out.

Mine are all divers, aside from the PSR that has 100m, so weather doesn’t come into it really.

Clothing wise, it’s a case of whether something doesn’t go, rather than matching to what does. An Orange Aquaracer is bold with anything at the end of the day. lol

WFH for part of the week, so nobody sees them anyway, but it’s not about them. :)

8. thingziliketoo

thingziliketoo Oct 19, 2023

I match watches to my outfit and try to switch it up daily giving each watch in my collection a wear each week. Usually one watch a day but weekends I find myself switching between a few watches each day.

bpsmith likes this.
  9. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Oct 19, 2023

Ben, just like you I only have three pieces in my collection which means I don't have too many pieces to choose from. But, I tend to wear one of them for a week or two, before changing and wearing another one for a week or three. It all comes down to what I am horny for.

bpsmith likes this.
  10. Ara

Ara Oct 19, 2023

Apple Watch on the daily, Heuer / TH when the situation calls for it.

bpsmith likes this.
  11. bpsmith

bpsmith Oct 19, 2023

Chers guys. Loving the comments with an array of wearing habits. :)

12. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Oct 19, 2023

Pretty simple for me, the newest one always gets the most wrist time. Sometimes almost exclusively for months. After the honeymoon period wears off, I start rotating again. But still the newer pieces get more wrist time compared to those that I've had for many years.

bpsmith likes this.
  13. flawless

flawless Oct 19, 2023

I usually wear my Link Cal. 36 - the silver on silver goes with pretty much anything, but really shines with a black shirt & jacket. It goes very well with my Link bracelet (watch on left wrist, bracelet on right).

I'll often pair my CW C60 Trident 600 (blue dial/bezel) with a blue shirt, or my Connected Modular 45 with a custom watch face. I reserve the Senna S/EL (CG1123-0) for special occasions.

bpsmith likes this.
  14. RockBurner

RockBurner Oct 19, 2023

I tend to swap the automatics, pick a random each day (I have them both on a winder overnight), but will pick the quartz Mongrel if I know I'm going to be doing anything messy.

bpsmith likes this.
  15. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Oct 20, 2023

Just random, but once on the wrist can be there for one week, 2,4 whatever, maybe just lazy, coffee calls me first in the morning before a change of watch.

bpsmith likes this.
  16. kappa_md

kappa_md Oct 20, 2023

I usually have two that I wear the most. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    My Carrera Drive Timer with the tire rubber design strap and my Monaco Black McQueen for weekend occasions.

bpsmith likes this.
  17. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 20, 2023

It changes, sometimes I change everyday... sometimes I wear something for 2-3 days. The exception tends to be the GC Chrono, once that goes on it's hard to take it off and it goes 5-7 days.

bpsmith and dtf like this.
  18. dtf

dtf Oct 20, 2023

I’ve been thinking about this recently, trying to figure out why I pick what I do. It seems to be seasonal, in summer I tend to pick my night diver or breitling. In winter it seems to be my bb58 and beater Aquaracer that get the wrist time, sticking with the same watch for 2-3 days.

Beyond that I tailor it for the event and outfit, my steel aquaracer and bb58 are both very subtle and pair with anything, my pvd watches tend to stand out more. Quite often I pick the bb58 because watch guys get it, and everyone else just thinks it’s a watch. I often pick a quartz watch for travel because I don’t need to worry about magnetism damage.

bpsmith likes this.
  19. bpsmith

bpsmith Oct 20, 2023

Well my rota idea went out the window on day 2, as picked the FXD, which is scheduled for day 3. PMSL

Unless I switch to wearing each one for longer and just accepting the reserve running out in the others in the meantime, it might mean a second winder perhaps. :)