Retrospective -- The "First Generation" Glassbox Carreras

Wonder if it would be possible to make a plexi crystal for the original telemeter…
I suppose it could be possible for any of the first gen glassbox models. I've seen a few people replace the sapphire crystal on the Omega FOIS Speedmaster with a custom hesalite (plexi) crystal. But the Carrera doesn't seem to have the same fanatical following as the Speedy, so finding a source for such a crystal would be a challenge.

I suppose it could be possible for any of the first gen glassbox models. I've seen a few people replace the sapphire crystal on the Omega FOIS Speedmaster with a custom hesalite (plexi) crystal. But the Carrera doesn't seem to have the same fanatical following as the Speedy, so finding a source for such a crystal would be a challenge.

Plexi is quite soft, should be easy to cnc one

In the Revolution video interview with Nicholas Biebuyck, Catherine's successor, he mentioned that he doesn't get too involved in watch design, that his role is more about maintaining the brand's history. If Catherine's role was similar, she might not have been directly involved in the Telemeter's design.

In any case, the shape of the lugs is a minor nit to me. I would've like to have seen a manual wind movement used to slim down the case thickness and also a plexi domed crystal to solve the distortion issue.
I do remember that interview, but it is also possible that things have changed. I totally can imagine Catherine having a say in the creation of the Montreal glassbox. I remember seeing lots of photographs of it in her wrist, during that year.

I do remember that interview, but it is also possible that things have changed. I totally can imagine Catherine having a say in the creation of the Montreal glassbox. I remember seeing lots of photographs of it in her wrist, during that year.
My assumption all along was the Montreal was Catherine's Carrera.

My assumption all along was the Montreal was Catherine's Carrera.
Mine too.

I do recall Catherine having a soft spot for the Montreal Carrera as well. Perhaps she did have more influence during her tenure. Or maybe she just really liked it. Hard to say from an outsider's perspective.

Many think that Nicholas also has a key say in the heritage inspired models, or is directly responsible, as he's always wearing them too. But I think it has more to do with the promotion of these heritage inspired pieces, which seems to be a key part of their role.

I do recall Catherine having a soft spot for the Montreal Carrera as well. Perhaps she did have more influence during her tenure. Or maybe she just really liked it. Hard to say from an outsider's perspective.

Many think that Nicholas also has a key say in the heritage inspired models, or is directly responsible, as he's always wearing them too. But I think it has more to do with the promotion of these heritage inspired pieces, which seems to be a key part of their role.

I remember being in a meeting with Catherine and she was wearing her Telemeter. I asked about it and she said it was her favourite watch back then. May point to the fact it was her pet project.

I take Nicholas at his word. If I ever meet Catherine, I intend to inquire about it.

Interesting.
Do we know her role prior to 2016?
I don't know exactly. But prior to joining TAG Heuer, she was in the Footwear industry for 15 years.

In this article, she says her first job at TAG Heuer was to sort through their archives. That she loves to tell stories and that's also what she was asked to do at TAG Heuer. In the article she implies that her Heritage department is not directly involved with the development or design creation of new watches. That they link the past so that elements can be used for the future.

https://www.crownwatchblog.com/tag-...elling-extraordinaire-catherine-eberle-devaux

I feel her role, as well as Nicholas's, is to be the brand's chief historian. So they're the ones always telling the story of the past to bring context to a heritage inspired watch. While they may have some input, they're not the ones directly responsible for bringing said watches from design concept to production.
Edited:

I don't know exactly. But prior to joining TAG Heuer, she was in the Footwear industry for 15 years.

In this article, she says her first job at TAG Heuer was to sort through their archives. That she loves to tell stories and that's also what she was asked to do at TAG Heuer. In the article she implies that her Heritage department is not directly involved with the development or design creation of new watches. That they link the past so that elements can be used for the future.

https://www.crownwatchblog.com/tag-...elling-extraordinaire-catherine-eberle-devaux

I feel her role, as well as Nicholas's, is to be the brand's chief historian. So they're the ones always telling the story of the past to bring context to a heritage inspired watch. While they may have some input, they're not the ones directly responsible for bringing said watches from design concept to production.
Yep I think you're spot on.
Nicholas does a great job at story

Yep I think you're spot on.
Nicholas does a great job at story
Thanks. Yes he does.

I think their title of Heritage Director gives many the wrong impression that they're directly responsible for the Heritage inspired new watches. But that's not really the case. Plus they're always at the new watch release events telling the backstories & history, which adds to the misperception.

The 60th panda for me is top (just wish it didn't have the faux lumed hands) prefer non faux for this.

Followed by the 'ice king' (again same hand issue) then the fragment
Edited:

images

Yes, no one likes orange hands.,

She looked like she'd been tango'd on the last series of The Traitors
upload_2024-2-8_14-56-4.png