Reserve Power Question?

Hello, I'm new to the forum and new to luxury watches. About 4 weeks ago I purchased a Carrera Twin Time (calibre 7). I love the watch. I have been wearing it all through the work week. I'm fairly active (walking around and stuff like that). I give the watch a good wind at the beginning of the week and wear it all week long. I notice that when I take it off on Friday evenings I only get about 29 hours before the watch stops. Everything I read says to expect 42-46 hours depending on execution. So, I'm wondering if it is likely just me or if there may be a problem with the watch. I notice it runs about 5 seconds slow over the day (which I thought was OK). So, I'm wondering if I should be concerned and have the watch serviced or just chalk it up to my execution? Also, wondering if anybody has any opinions on the twin time? I know it isn't COSC or chronograph but to me the quality is very high and it is a beautiful watch. Any thoughts?

Hi @Capper you've made a good choice- congrats.

If the watch was fully wound, then I agree that 29 hours wouldn't be right- I'd take it back and get it checked. I'm sure that the first response that you'll get will be that the watch isn't fully charged when you take it off on a Friday. Try giving it a full wind on a Friday, rather than at the beginning of the week, and see whether that gets you beyond 29 hours.

5 seconds slow per day is about right. COSC standards are -3/ +6 average over 15 days...so you're close to that range.

If you've got some photos, would love to see them!

Thanks for the reply! I'll try what you suggested on Friday at the end of the week. I must say, I truly love my twin time. With family 6 time zones away it sure comes in handy too. I did look at a number of luxury watches and must say that I find the Tag Heuer lines combine the best of style and quality. I am already looking for which one I want next... Maybe Aquaracer...