Forums Latest Members

Repair and Service for Heuer Autavia 11630

1. Paul11630

Paul11630 Feb 21, 2021

I am looking to get my Heuer Autavia fully repaired and serviced properly so my first thought was TAG who advised:

Due to the vintage nature of your timepiece we would be required to send it to Switzerland for service. There would be a $150 shipping and handling fee, which would only be charged if you decline the final estimate from Switzerland. Timeframe for service would often be 4 to 6 months and the estimate from Switzerland may be above $500.

Keep in mind service may not be possible for your timepiece. Often, if there is extensive internal damage due to moisture or otherwise, repair may be impossible in which case your timepiece will be forwarded back to you.

Please use the attached link for all the details on how to submit your timepiece to our TAG Heuer Authorized After-Sales Service Facility for service.

Should I use TAG Switzerland or an independent shop in US or Europe? If independent, any recommendations from my list or perhaps others?

The priority for me is the best work done with individual service (hopefully not exorbitant pricing) and hopefully a warranty.

I plan to wear it occasionally and may pass it to one of my sons. Or I will eventually sell it to someone who will wear it. Not sure now.

I am in Dallas TX but can send it anywhere for service. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and for all the knowlege gained on my old/new watch. Paul

Edited Jun 30, 2023
  2. nikbeach

nikbeach Aug 28, 2021

Thanks, I am actually in the same situation with a 11630 Orange Boy. It does not run due to water damage, I have also been in touch with a few people on your list and am mulling over if I should send direct to Tag Heuer. Did you manage to get your watch repaired in the end? Best, Nik

3. Paul11630

Paul11630 Oct 20, 2021

Hi Nik, I'm just seeing this.

I ended up getting a referral from my authorized Rolex dealer of a shop that services high end vintage watches and after a thorough Q&A and research I sent it to them. Michael Scriniere CW21 at Chronotek Inc. Highest integrity family shop and they really do some nice work. Check out their facebook page of some of their work. Michael was quite familiar with calibre 11 and 12 etc.

Chronotek Inc.
    123 East Broad Street
    Souderton, PA 18964
    ATTN: Michael Scriniere CW21
    Phone: 215-799-1912

http://chronotekinc.com/?p=home
    https://www.facebook.com/chronotekinc/?ref=page_internal

I just got it back (3 months) and could not be happier with my choice and the serviced watch.

Since the watch was worn for only a few years, the watchmaker described it as if it were placed in a time capsule. He was reasonably priced and offered a 2 year warranty on the movement. I asked them to take photos of the service process and they were happy to oblige - I share a few here. Good luck with your watch. Paul
    IMG_4202.JPG IMG_4215.JPG IMG_4225.JPG IMG_4229.JPG IMG_4272.JPG

4. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Oct 20, 2021

That's a stunning restoration, congratulations on making the right choices! Enjoy if for many more years to come:thumbsup: