Reflections on the S/el

Should have known Michael would be on the ball with the anni-digi SEL.. 🙄

They made it all about the bracelet, but then put that bracelet on Carreras and Formula 1s. 😵‍💫

Those Links are cool, I nearly bought one a few months ago - before the purge started.

Doesn't that bezel look like the new Aquaracer bezel? Well, just the grips I mean...
wait, what? Carreras?

I also noticed a difference, do you think it's because of the year of production?
lol anyone want to discuss how the movement in this, is the same one as what you can buy an entire watch for $100, from other brands?

wait, what? Carreras?

There's at least one 'Senna' Carrera with a Link bracelet. Heuer 01 I think....

I'm sure there was an S/EL thread previously, but I've searched and gone back through two years of threads and I can't find it. So I'm starting another one and if Hubert or Albert can find the old one and merge them together then thank you...

So the reason I wanted to post was because I found a video on youtube of a very rare S/EL model indeed.

It doesn't have the original strap, looks like they used a later one - or perhaps TAG changed them at some point. This dates from 1987 so it is one of the very first TAG Heuer watches made.

Has a very JPS vibe to it. Bet it's very hard to find a full size (37mm) one... in good condition

Yeah, that one in the video is midsize... as I suspected. He shows the back and its the s93.313

After building up a small personal inventory of S/ELs, I decided to tweak one to my liking. Not sure this was ever a factory offering, but it looks incredible to me.

Start with a blue dial WG111A, add a genuine brown leather strap and secure with genuine highly polished stainless links. Voila!