Forums Latest Members
  1. JayEss

JayEss Oct 26, 2015

I am hoping one of the experts out there can provide some information. A few years ago, I saw the CAT2012.BA0952 with Roman numerals and fell in love with it. It seemed to be readily available on the Grey Market and at the AD's. Regrettably, I did not purchase it. Now I am ready to buy it, and it seems to have disappeared. The Grey Market does not have it and tell me it is discontinued. I called an AD and was told the same. Another AD told me it was for the Asian market and not available in North America, and finally a Tag boutique told me it was an boutique only piece. The have only one in stock for the full $4500 USD MSRP and won't budge on the price. I am in Canada, so with exchange and duty, etc it puts the watch way out of my price range.

So all that said, does anyone know the real story on this piece and is it available anywhere other than boutiques?

2. albertoct

albertoct Oct 26, 2015

I don't know much about this model, but I can assure three things:
    - it was sold in Europe in 2013 at the same price as the other models CAT2010, CAT2011, CAT2015;
    - it is now discontinued in all markets;
    - there are some differences in different countries, but it is easy for you to spot them: just go to tag heuer internet site, and on the top part you will be able to change country/Language: you will be able to see all models in different countries. For example, in Europe the blue dial is available (CAT2015, and it is not a Leo Di Caprio L.E. anymore), which is not available in USA.

Edited Oct 26, 2015
  3. JayEss

JayEss Oct 26, 2015

Thanks for that info. Just curious as I don't know much about Tags. Is it normal to be discontinued after such a short run?

4. albertoct

albertoct Oct 26, 2015

It is not a discontinued model, it is just a discontinued dial version. Actually this one had an incredibly short life. Maybe some other forum folks can tell us more.
    Anyway, I just learned from another forum member that Tag Heuer Service offer a dial replacement service: you could call them and ask if they have that dial in stock. You could buy the CAT2010 and then send it to TH service for the new dial. It will cost a few hundrends, but you will have what you really want.

5. JayEss

JayEss Oct 26, 2015

That is a VERY interesting idea. I am going to look into that immediately! Thanks!

6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 27, 2015

7. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 27, 2015

Correct- Roman numeral models tend to be done in short production runs. Some markets love them, but many don't. Nothing unusual about this one

8. rab77

rab77 Aug 11, 2016

If you are still interested I have one. I bought it a couple years ago and never wear it. It has a small scuff on one of the band links but other than that it's pretty much mint. I'm not sure how to price it? Maybe someone on here can help me with a value? I'm definitely not looking for top dollar because it is used with the scuff on the link. I Have box all papers and original receipt.