Forums Latest Members
  1. mfriend

mfriend Dec 22, 2022

Good day all...... I have a quartz question for all the experts here :cool:
    My quartz watch is the WAY101L.FC8222 similar to the one pictured. My question is why would it loose time? i understand it with automatic watches when not worn. But this one confuses me. I alternate my watches so dont wear it everyday. The battery has been changed recently....... example, i wore it last week (wednesday (i think)) put it in the case and left it..... this morning i went to put it on and it was approx 1 hour behind.... once i set it and wear it, it keeps perfect time all day....... it baffles me!!

Thanks for any tips, information and / or advice!!!
    Also Happy Holidays to all

tag-heuer-aquaracer-stingray-grey-dial-quartz-mens-watch-way101lfc8222-way101lfc8222.jpg
  2. imagwai

imagwai Dec 22, 2022

Quartz watches lose time when the battery is failing or when there is a problem with the movement. The rest of the time, they're extremely reliable timekeepers as you say. If it was exactly 1 hours out, I'd perhaps put it down to not setting the time correctly (I do this ocasionally). Otherwise, if it happens again, I'd take it in to TAG (or try another battery first maybe).

3. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 22, 2022

I would just have a local watchmaker replace the movement with a brand new exact same movement, costs maybe $20 so you will only have to pay for the work.

4. mfriend

mfriend Dec 22, 2022

thanks guys...... i will try and find a local guy to take a look at it in the new year...

5. dtf

dtf Dec 22, 2022

Loosing an hour in a week means the movement is broken, even when they’re going flat they keep better time than that! Should be accurate to a few seconds/month normally.

Great looking watch btw

6. Gambba

Gambba Dec 22, 2022

As others have said it’s the movement that will be the issue. Even a quartz should be serviced as still has mechanical moving parts and so can become gunked up or parts damaged.