Forums Latest Members
  1. iceblue

iceblue Apr 1, 2018

I currantly own a Monaco , f1 gulf and a heuer monnin but feel I need a little gadget tech in my life , should I take the plunge or will I be disappointed I have herd a mix review of the connect so it would be great to hear your view

2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 1, 2018

Do you have an iPhone or an Android phone? Based on what iPhone people have reported, that seems to be the key factor which could introduce variance to the experience.

3. Carrera911

Carrera911 Apr 1, 2018

Go for it! The Connected is not my sole Tag Heuer by the way....

4. Good Times

Good Times Apr 1, 2018

IMO if you're expecting functionality on par with an Apple Watch, you'll be disappointed. But already owning some other Tags, I think you'll appreciate some minor drawbacks (some apps not offering full functionality with iOS for example) in lieu of the physical benefits (it's the only smart watch I am proud to have on my wrist - it actually looks like a serious watch). I'd definitely say yes.

5. dtf

dtf Apr 1, 2018

If you have an iPhone, buy an apple watch or a fenix 5. If you use android, have a look at the tag

6. Carrera911

Carrera911 Apr 2, 2018

For me it‘s a superb watch during work and in the evening/night. I don‘t prefer it under gleaming sunlight and while doing sports.

7. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 Apr 2, 2018

I have it hooked up to an iPhone and perfectly happy with that. With the new app update even better the before. To me, it still stays the one smartwatch that actually looks like a watch!

dtf likes this.
  8. AndySix

AndySix Apr 2, 2018

This! For sunny days at the beach and for workouts, the fenix 5/Chronos is much better as the screen can be difficult to read on the THC - and touch screen is not ideal for workouts. But for a cool looking gadget watch it is perfect! I use it with Android, though.

9. Lugduno

Lugduno Apr 2, 2018

Nice to see a thread like this pop up when I was just about to ask the same question. My tax return for the year is soon back and I'm quite seriously looking into buying either the Connected 45 or 41mm. The smaller looks more "natural" on my wrist, but it feels like you kind of want the larger screen if you're going for a smartwatch at all. Do you guys have any preference when it comes to this?

IMG_0341.jpg
    The Connected 45 is big for a small guy like myself...

Currently using iPhone/Apple eco-system, but considering switching back to Android when my current phone gives up. Being a tech guy and trying to be a flagship user cost a fortune if you're an Apple user...

10. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 2, 2018

I have small wrists also and the 45 was just too big. The 41 is a perfect size for me.

11. AndySix

AndySix Apr 2, 2018

A watch can never get too large. Go large! :D

I have small wrists too, but a large watch just look manly in my opinion.

12. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 2, 2018

45mm all the way. :)

TGHC45 and dtf like this.
  13. dtf

dtf Apr 2, 2018

Good to hear someone having a positive experience with it on iPhone, there are so many posts and threads talking about issues.

14. Lugduno

Lugduno Apr 2, 2018

Thanks for the feedback! The masculine look would be awesome, but I'm afraid I'll just look too much like those musicians that wear something absolutely ghastly just to show off their personal wealth. Connected 45mm is one big watch, but it's just on the edge of looking ridiculous on me personally.

(With that being said, I'll make sure to try on both a few more times and post some photos so that you pro's can help me out here:))

15. gunnerroy

gunnerroy Apr 2, 2018

I would go 41 if you are having doubts about the 45 If you think it looks too big then it’s too big only you will know as your the one that has to wear it. I myself have the 45 but I’ve got big wrists and the 41 was too small looked like a woman’s on me lol. I have an iPhone and since the update wear os everything is running smoothly and well happy with the functions of the watch, I don’t wear it everyday as wear an apple for work as I’m a floor layer and don’t want £2000 watch caked in cement and glues

16. Carrera911

Carrera911 Apr 2, 2018

There ain‘t no watch suitable for every day! Same as cars: As much as I love my 911, there is no way I would take it to the hardware store.....

17. gunnerroy

gunnerroy Apr 2, 2018

I don’t know you can get 5 bags of levelling compound in one

dtf and Carrera911 like this.
  18. dtf

dtf Apr 2, 2018

Spotted outside my local hardware store: 75E32A5B-AEE2-4193-9470-3012AADE3DAC.jpeg

Carrera911 and Hubert like this.
  19. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 2, 2018

Your Monnin has a 42mm case and your Formula 1 has a 44mm case. From a size perspective, I'd base my decision on which one of those I thought looked best on my wrist.

20. jezwick

jezwick Apr 3, 2018

I got a Fenix 5 for christmas and I've not worn my Tag watch since, the fenix 5 in my mind has everything you could want in a watch, its a smashing device ..

dtf likes this.