Forums Latest Members
  1. SteveP

SteveP Dec 8, 2021

Fair enough. My opinion is that it is a very surprising result given the 2 options. There must have been 2+ people (like yourself) very interested in that particular model/watch.

Examples come up quite regularly, I'm confident you'll find a good example at a reasonable price in time. :thumbsup:

2. Beppo G.

Beppo G. Dec 8, 2021

There have been more bidders and it was quite interesting. I have a theory about the result, as i saw 1-2 more watches which have been sold over a market value. The actual final bid was 5.500.-. I stopped at 4K as the following bids had to be in 500.- steps. Two bidders went up to the 5,5k, which is overpriced, but still somehow reasonable. The theory is, that it has been collectors who really wanted this peace or just people not knowing that there will be additional charges, like VAT etc. of around 25%, which is not really well announced.

3. SteveP

SteveP Feb 11, 2022

Hi, if you want a 1153S THIS is probably the one you should buy!!!
    Bernard De Vos on Instagram: "For Sale: Heuer Carrera 1153 S - Second Execution - Mint condition - Red Sticker - priced to sell -"
    Good luck! Steve

4. SteveP

SteveP Feb 11, 2022

Now sold. :(

5. Yago

Yago Feb 11, 2022

Yeah that was a nice clean one.

6. paysdoufs

paysdoufs Feb 11, 2022

That might just be me not being a native speaker, but… Doesn’t it seem a bit weird to see this notion of „priced to sell“ come up in ads (seemingly) more frequently no? ::confused2::

Feels like it's a flag to distinguish „real“ sales ads from other ads, the purpose of which is rather to… [Insert your own assumption here]. Or maybe this is particularly needed on IG (which I don’t use)?

Sorry for side-stepping. Maybe that’s just me musing around after reading that recent Fratello article (https://www.fratellowatches.com/cru...ces-are-spoiling-the-joy-of-watch-collecting/) - although for Heuer lovers it probably isn’t as bad as for some other brand aficionados.

7. Yago

Yago Feb 11, 2022

I don’t see it that often. Mostly watches are actually overpriced.

8. abrod520

abrod520 Feb 12, 2022

Nah, "priced to sell" means the seller thinks it should go very quickly at that price. As opposed to testing the market with a higher price.

paysdoufs likes this.